North End Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 502-896-8770

1722 Frankfort Ave, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 40206

Serves meat, vegan options available. At breakfast you could get veggie sausage, mushroom, biscuits and gravy as well a tofu stir fry.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by paula70

Pretty darn good! - Edit

I've had everything I can get vegan at North End. It's a good place to bring family and out of towners whom are NOT vegan. The Ruben is awesome, it's what I get most often. The tofu seasame noodle salad is very pleasing and the Asian veggies and rice is super good! They also have a great hummus plate with fresh vegetables. I eat breakfast at home because it's usually at 6am, so I can't comment on that, but I hear the tofu scramble is good. The black bean cake salad is really good too. It's worth a visit!

Pros: Several vegan options, Tasty, Good for groups

Cons: Not enough vegan!, I want the veggie enchiladas vegan!, No soy milk option

out of options - Edit

We went here for brunch and they were out of the vegan sandwiches and the vegan tacos. We both ended up with oatmeal which was fine but kind of a bummer that it was the only choice.

Pros: good oatmeal , nice atmosphere

Cons: out of all the vegan options, waitress asked if we were actually vegan

Cute place to eat, good food - Edit

I wish I had eaten here earlier during my stay in Louisville. I would have gone back again. There were several vegan options on the menu and I had the black bean cake salad, which was delicious. The location is pretty convenient to downtown. Service was good.

Pros: Several vegan choices., Good Service.

North End has added new vegan options.. - Edit

So check it out if again if you're a vegan who has gone in the past and been dismayed...We still need to lobby for soymilk, etc. politely of course, though! PS--there IS at least one vegan server @ North End, and she tipped us off--get the hash with tofu!

Pros: Options there are tasty

Cons: Long waits

great place - Edit

Very good place. Nice atmosphere. Great foods. Always have great specials for lunch/dinner. They try and buy as much local foods and organic items too. Breakfast is best in town in my book. Dinner is a bit expensive. Wine/beer selection good.

Pros: yummy food, nice atmosphere, good selection

Cons: dinner expensive, long lines some days, snooty staff sometimes

Awesome!!!! - Edit

This place is small but unique on the inside. Not 100% vegan but awesome food that is vegan. The appearance of the place and food won me over.

Pros: vegan food, scenery, low key

Cons: not 100% vegan

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has North End Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2169 times since Aug 2007.