Nori's Village Market

• Health Store
Contact 518-891-6079

138 Church Street , Saranac Lake, New York, USA, 12983

Natural foods grocery store with a mostly vegetarian deli. Stocks a range of food items including bulk staples, organic produce, supplements, health and beauty products, organic coffee and tea. The deli offers prepared foods like hot soups, sandwiches, and vegan burrito. Has a few tables inside, and a bench outside. Moved from 68 Main St and under new management May 2015.

First Review by vegannomad

A great little natural foods store - Edit

I thought this was a great little natural foods store. It had our staples - baked tofu, tempeh, Tofurky brats, organic vegetables, chocolate - at reasonable prices. I did not go in looking for a vegan deli, just regular vegan groceries, which may be why my experience was better than the other reviewer's. We also were not expecting a 100% vegan store, especially not in a small town. We don't even have one of those in our much larger area. This was a normal natural foods store, with plenty of vegan stuff.

My husband and I actually stopped in Syracuse on the long drive up to his parents' lake house, thinking it was our last chance for decent groceries, and we were lucky, after stopping in two stores, to find regular tofu. As soon as we arrived, we saw an ad for Nori's and regretted wasting our time elsewhere. I definitely recommend the place.

Pros: Selection, Prices, Staff

Deli? - Edit

noir's is placed in a area that most people think that vegetarains eat fish and chicken...including some of the staff! the store offers a great selection but is over priced...Deli! wow...so most of the food in the deli is not healthy at all and offers very little to vegans. [edit by staff]

Pros: good selection in store, freindly staff

Cons: over priced, deli sucks

Return to Saranac Lake Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nori's Village Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 837 times since Oct 2007.