First Review by Mari.123

Cute place, dry cake - Edit

Friendly lady. 6 flavours of cup cake, all sounded delicious and about 6 other cake option. I likes my cake but it wasn't particularly flavoursome, I wouldn't have know it was gingerbread if I hadn't asked.

Pros: All vegan cakes!

Cons: A bit dry.

expected more - Edit

I have to say that I agree with the two previous reviews. I arrived there full of high expectations and I was a little disappointed when I saw the small display of cakes and cupcakes there. There were only a few sweets to choose from and nothing really "Austrian" (no sacher torte, no strudel...). I tried a chocolate cupcake, which was nothing special, and the chocolate cake which was good. Probably I didn't choose very wisely, maybe the cakes were better than the cupcakes. You can also find their sweets at Veganz, if you don't have time to go there.

Pros: 100% vegan, nice place

Cons: few sweets to choose from

Letdown - Edit

My experience was identical to that of the reviewer below, as I found staff to be helpful (darn, she even gave me a copy of the Vegan guide to Vienna) but the range of cakes was pretty standard and underwhelming. Besides, she referred me to a vegan restaurant just 5 minutes from the bakery, Harvest, which turned out to be mediocre too. Oh well.

Expected a lot more - Edit

Came here expecting a lot more considering the fun storefront + the high reviews and was pretty disappointed.
I do love the concept of a vegan bakery and don't want to be mean but leaving this review for other travellers so you know what to expect.

The cupcakes are all small (which is good, you can try more) but rather unimaginative. Basically the same base and different colored cream swirl on top. The cakes were also all a bit the same: sponge base with icing glaze. Apparently this is an Austrian specialty so maybe this is really a bakery for locals who can appreciate their grandma's baking in vegan version.

I guess I was hoping for something more spectacular considering the staggering mountains of amazing cake you can find in the traditional Viennese coffee shops. We also saw some mouth-watering cakes at other vegan restaurants around town. But no strudel, no mousse- or cheese cake type creations here.

The girl who runs the place also has two cook books and there were some beautiful desserts in there. So maybe we caught them on a quiet day. Went here after lunch for dessert and I ended up just having coffee.
As to the coffee: the upside is you can choose between different plant milks. The downside is it's made with a push button machine so don't expect barista quality.

Pros: Decoration and storefront well thought out

Cons: Not a great selection of cakes

Sweet sweet place - Edit

Everything is so adorable. The way the cakes are presented, served and tastes. You feel very welcomed and the dishes are beautiful and delicious.
I like it a whole lot, and I'm not even that into sweets.

Pros: It all looks so great, It all tastes so great

Cons: The place is a tiny bit small

Wonderful vegan bakery/cafe - Edit

This is such a great place, I really recommend it! The woman who worked there was very friendly and welcoming, and all the baked goods (several cupcake varieties, and other slices, cookies and cakes as well) looked to tempting. I had a chocolate Halloween cupcake, which had good moist sponge and lovely icing that was neither too sweet nor too gritty. My partner had a large sponge slice topped with raspberries and vegan meringue - it was amazingly marshmallowy. I loved this place!

Pros: Delicious cakes, Lots of choice, Friendly staff

Cons: Not much seating

The most delicious bakery ever! - Edit

I went here some days ago and found a cute atmosphere, a kind Lady and the most delicious cakes of my whole life!

I tried the Kirshtorte (Cherry cake) and was exellent and a cup cake that was.... wow!

Sometime you have no words, you MUST try :)

Pros: Excellent cakes and pastries, Relaxing environment

Cons: Pink, No tables outside

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has NomNom Vegan Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1439 times since Jun 2015.