Nobu Miami

( 1 review )
305-695-3232

4525 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33140

Serves meat, vegan options available. Upscale Japanese-Peruvian fusion restaurant in the Nobu Hotel. Despite the fish-centric menu, there are a few vegan options and more upon request. Server can point out which dishes may be fried in oil with animal foods etc. Example of dishes which can be vegan with modifications - such as substituting lettuce cups for deep fried won tons in the vegetable taco appetizer, leaving cheese off of the artichoke salad, and substituting olive oil for butter in the cauliflower and brussel sprouts dishes. Off-menu vegan dishes include a spicy citrus tofu ceviche and a soy glazed tofu dish. Additional dishes that are or can be vegan include edamame, veggie sushi rolls, salads, kuro kuromame (sweet black soybeans), mushrooms, spicy garlic vegetables.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Fusion, Peruvian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by saracs

Great vegan dinner for a non-veg place - Edit

Came to Nobu with my boyfriend while on vacation in Miami. We were pleasantly surprised when we told our server that we are vegan - he was extremely knowledgeable about vegan cuisine and started listing several tofu dishes that were not on the menu. We decided to try two of the tofu dishes. He then helped us choose about 4 other dishes on the menu that either were vegan or could be made vegan with minor substitutions. There were even more options, but we stopped there because our server said that what we ordered was a good amount of food and let us keep a menu in case we wanted to add later.

We got the tofu “ceviche” which was extra firm tofu in the spicy lime sauce, which was excellent - this was my boyfriend’s favorite dish of the night. My favorite dish was the soy glazed baked tofu, which was sliced tofu with a sticky soy sauce and was insanely good. We also loved the veggie tacos and only ordered two, but next time I would order four (so we could have two each). The artichoke salad was very good, and I suspect their other salads are delicious too. Then we had the brussel sprouts and cauliflower side dishes made vegan. The brussels were fried in the same oil as fish, so if you are strict vegan they might not work for you, but they were delicious. And the cauliflower was excellent. The salad and tacos were very small plates, but everything else was larger. We were very full by the end of the meal. Next time I would want to get a vegan sushi roll and try the veggies in spicy garlic sauce.

Overall this dinner was wonderful. It was one of the best vegan dinners I had in Miami. The server was friendly and knowledgeable, the ambiance was elegant and cool, and the food was absolutely delicious. Will come back next time in Miami.

Pros: many vegan options, upscale/cool atmosphere , excellent servers

Cons: pricy

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nobu Miami closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.