Noble Vegetarian

Contact 916-334-6060

5049 College Oak Dr Ste A, Sacramento, California, USA, 95841

Vegan Asian cuisine near ARC College. Has Vietnamese pho noodle soup. No eggs or MSG. Probably all vegan, but best confirm that mock meats are vegan. Nice atmosphere. Affiliated with Loving Hut organization. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 4:30pm-8:00pm, Sat 11:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by ubswe3t

Excellent Food - Edit

All fresh, all good and nice variety on the menu. They add greens and fresh herbs to dishes more than most restaurants.

Tried vegan flan and it was better than tradition flan!

Pros: All Vegan

Contributions +48

Big portions, cheap, good taste - Edit

Cozy place, very nice staff, good food, cheap. I would recommend to everyone to visit this place. And ohhh...they have the most delicious vegan cheesecake :)

if not eating soy or gluten - Edit

I was very disappointed with my experience at this restaurant. The waiter was very pleasant, but inexperienced and unaware that seitan is wheat gluten. Every dish either had soy or wheat gluten in it, I cannot eat either. I explained this to the waiter, he wasn't very helpful with suggestions. I went ahead and ordered vegetable fried rice without tofu, with extra vegetables. The only vegetables in it were peas and diced carrots. I asked for a side of stir fried vegetables, like cabbage and broccoli, the kitchen sent out steamed cabbage, broccoli and carrots and said that the only way I could have stir fry would be to order an entree. The waiter tried his best to help me get what I wanted, but the kitchen basically refused.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: everything has soy or gluten

Be Very Specific on the Directions - Edit

First things first: The food is okay, the portions are big, and the prices are reasonable. The wonton soup is enough for 2 and delicious. There is no stellar entree although they are okay. Make sure that you are very clear with the waitress about when you want to have the different courses. She doesn't seem to have much experience going to a restaurant herself. They bring out all of the courses at the same time, sometimes she brings out the soup after the entree. Not only do you need to tell her that you want the soup first but you also need to tell her that you don't want the other stuff until each course is finished. By the third time we were there and we were clear we really had had enough and didn't want to argue any more. We are pretty relaxed people but you can't argue with common sense. We still feel it is worth supporting this restaurant. They are good people at heart.

Pros: Large portions, cheap, Food is tasty

Cons: They bring out all food at the same time

Key Lime Pie-AMAZING - Edit

I knew that I had found the best key lime pie when I had a piece of the Noble Vegetarian's home made key lime pie. Absolutely tasty and a perfect balance between lime taste and textures. We bought a pie to take home--that good!

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, hearty dishes, clean environment

Very tasty - Edit

My partner and I went here to celebrate my birthday. After reading reviews we went here and it was the first vegetarian restaurant we ever visited. We shared the Roses on the grill and I loved it, as close to the real thing. I also had the golden flower blossom which was fantastic and full of flavor. It was citrusy and tangy and great. My girl friend had something with curry, coconut juice, broccoli, as well as tofu. I didn't like it at all. She claimed to like it but she had maybe seven bites. We aldo got sides of brown and white rice, which were dry but I sprinkled the tangy sauce over it, and that fixed the problem. Also their drinks aren't fountain they are cans. The service was friendly we were repeatedly
asked if we needed refills on our water, which was huge for my partner. Also the woman that gave us our bill and showed concern over the curry that only had a handful of bites taken from it. She asked if anything wrong with it. I have been craving the Golden flower blossom since I've had it and plan to return as soon as I get paid!

Pros: Good portions, Friendly staff, Great ambiance

Cons: Sketchy location

The Noble Vegetarian is a very good restaurant - Edit

I highly recommend the excellent vegetarian food and pleasant staff at this small restaurant. It is located in a small strip mall and the interior decor is only average. However, the great food and service make it well worth going.

Surprisingly good. - Edit

One of the hazards of traveling to different places is that you really never know what you are getting into for dinner. This is ten times more true if you are vegetarian. Some localized ethnic places decide they want to serve a veg menu so they just sub cubed tofu in all their meat dishes. I hate that. Thai places are notorious for that trick.

Noble Veg does something completely different. They use mock-meats but it is prepared, seasoned and cooked as part of a complete recipe, not just substituting the meat out of their dishes. Likewise the sauces are made with a purpose and it really makes the dishes delicious.

I had Spring Rolls and the roses dish. In fact, I'm still eating it in my hotel room. The service tonight was slow. I was cautioned that the order could take 20 minutes to make. It was more like 45 minutes. But the owners were quite busy tonight and they seemed to be surprised and frustrated a bit as if this was an unusual amount of business at once, so I'll give them a pass on that.

Noble will definitely hold a spot on my gold star list of places I want to return next time I am in Sacramento... Which will probably be next week.

Good Job!

Pros: Unique flavors, Very tasty sauces, Really nice people

Cons: Long wait, Slightly sketchy area

Vegetarian

Contributions +109

Okay, nothing special - Edit

I had the roses on the grill. I give them credit for having cool names for their dishes, but otherwise, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't impressive.

Even non-vegans enjoyed it! - Edit

First off, everything on their menu is vegan, and they have lots of tofu options for those who aren't big fans of fake meat. I was very impressed with this place and so was my non-vegan family. I had the Love From Above 1 and the veggies were perfect, the sauce was great too. Also enjoyed the Golden Age Nugget, which were veggie chicken nuggets, the Prawns to Perfection and Longevity Rolls, which were good as long as you like mint. My husband had the Ruby Pearls, which I felt were too greasy but he really enjoyed. The rest of my family enjoyed their soups, you can chose the spice level and my mother-in-law was tearing up from her "hot" spice level. The place was clean and not busy and the employees were knowledgeable and nice and didn't have a problem that we brought a 1 month old. If I didn't live 500 miles away, I would go here again!

Pros: All Vegan, Lots of options

Cons: Lots of fried food

one of the best - Edit

My husband and I eat here all the time and love the food. The service is usually good but don't be surprised if sometimes they need a reminder that you need water. We particularly love the roses on the grill roll, wonton soups, eggplant tofu, chow mein, lemongrass vegekin & islands of paradise 3. The restaurant is clean and newly remodeled. Portions are fairly large and they are pretty consistent. All restaurants have their pros and cons, but since this is one of the best around, I'm gonna give it 5 cows.

Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Noble Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.