Noble Vegetarian

916-334-6060

5049 College Oak Dr Ste A, Sacramento, California, USA, 95841

Vegan Asian cuisine near ARC College. Has Vietnamese pho noodle soup. No eggs or MSG. Probably all vegan, but best confirm that mock meats are vegan. Nice atmosphere. Affiliated with Loving Hut organization. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 4:30pm-8:00pm, Sat 11:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by ubswe3t

Best Vegan Around - Edit

I love the Thai fried rice. The Roses on the Grill spring rolls were good too. The best was the Spicy Cha Cha. I will definitely go back. Looking forward to trying some of there other dishes. The place was busy so that told me the food should be good and it was. I have lunch for 2 days which is a plus. They were sold out of the key lime cheesecake which I am looking forward to trying.

Pros: great service, very knowledgeable waiter

Love it! - Edit

So glad we found this place. They're food is amazing! My boyfriend and I live in Livermore and can't wait to dine here again.

Great Place to Eat - Edit

We are here tonight for the first time. Best food ever. Each dish ordered was cooked and seasoned perfectly with amazing flavor. Will definitely be back for more.

Tasty - Edit

Clean restaurant, friendly wait staff and flavorful food.

Pros: Clean, Friendly staff

Cons: Everything has faux meat

Love it! - Edit

Great prices, kind staff, amazing food. A must!

Excellent Food - Edit

All fresh, all good and nice variety on the menu. They add greens and fresh herbs to dishes more than most restaurants.

Tried vegan flan and it was better than tradition flan!

Pros: All Vegan

My favorite restaurant ever! - Edit

100% vegan and 100% delicious. Try their cheesecake!

Pros: staff is friendly, the food is awesome, many choices

Cons: small, awkward seating

Contributions +48

Big portions, cheap, good taste - Edit

Cozy place, very nice staff, good food, cheap. I would recommend to everyone to visit this place. And ohhh...they have the most delicious vegan cheesecake :)

if not eating soy or gluten - Edit

I was very disappointed with my experience at this restaurant. The waiter was very pleasant, but inexperienced and unaware that seitan is wheat gluten. Every dish either had soy or wheat gluten in it, I cannot eat either. I explained this to the waiter, he wasn't very helpful with suggestions. I went ahead and ordered vegetable fried rice without tofu, with extra vegetables. The only vegetables in it were peas and diced carrots. I asked for a side of stir fried vegetables, like cabbage and broccoli, the kitchen sent out steamed cabbage, broccoli and carrots and said that the only way I could have stir fry would be to order an entree. The waiter tried his best to help me get what I wanted, but the kitchen basically refused.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: everything has soy or gluten

Great food! - Edit

This place gas great food. Good service. Friendly and will adapt, adjust to fit into my food preferences! I love eating here!

Pros: all vegan menu, good service

Cons: closed on Sunday

Awesome Food! - Edit

My daughter and I recently tried this restaurant, It was awesome!! Food was delicious! Will definitely return. Large portions, very fresh. A gem!

Be Very Specific on the Directions - Edit

First things first: The food is okay, the portions are big, and the prices are reasonable. The wonton soup is enough for 2 and delicious. There is no stellar entree although they are okay. Make sure that you are very clear with the waitress about when you want to have the different courses. She doesn't seem to have much experience going to a restaurant herself. They bring out all of the courses at the same time, sometimes she brings out the soup after the entree. Not only do you need to tell her that you want the soup first but you also need to tell her that you don't want the other stuff until each course is finished. By the third time we were there and we were clear we really had had enough and didn't want to argue any more. We are pretty relaxed people but you can't argue with common sense. We still feel it is worth supporting this restaurant. They are good people at heart.

Pros: Large portions, cheap, Food is tasty

Cons: They bring out all food at the same time

Key Lime Pie-AMAZING - Edit

I knew that I had found the best key lime pie when I had a piece of the Noble Vegetarian's home made key lime pie. Absolutely tasty and a perfect balance between lime taste and textures. We bought a pie to take home--that good!

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, hearty dishes, clean environment

Very tasty - Edit

My partner and I went here to celebrate my birthday. After reading reviews we went here and it was the first vegetarian restaurant we ever visited. We shared the Roses on the grill and I loved it, as close to the real thing. I also had the golden flower blossom which was fantastic and full of flavor. It was citrusy and tangy and great. My girl friend had something with curry, coconut juice, broccoli, as well as tofu. I didn't like it at all. She claimed to like it but she had maybe seven bites. We aldo got sides of brown and white rice, which were dry but I sprinkled the tangy sauce over it, and that fixed the problem. Also their drinks aren't fountain they are cans. The service was friendly we were repeatedly
asked if we needed refills on our water, which was huge for my partner. Also the woman that gave us our bill and showed concern over the curry that only had a handful of bites taken from it. She asked if anything wrong with it. I have been craving the Golden flower blossom since I've had it and plan to return as soon as I get paid!

Pros: Good portions, Friendly staff, Great ambiance

Cons: Sketchy location

The Noble Vegetarian is a very good restaurant - Edit

I highly recommend the excellent vegetarian food and pleasant staff at this small restaurant. It is located in a small strip mall and the interior decor is only average. However, the great food and service make it well worth going.

Surprisingly good. - Edit

One of the hazards of traveling to different places is that you really never know what you are getting into for dinner. This is ten times more true if you are vegetarian. Some localized ethnic places decide they want to serve a veg menu so they just sub cubed tofu in all their meat dishes. I hate that. Thai places are notorious for that trick.

Noble Veg does something completely different. They use mock-meats but it is prepared, seasoned and cooked as part of a complete recipe, not just substituting the meat out of their dishes. Likewise the sauces are made with a purpose and it really makes the dishes delicious.

I had Spring Rolls and the roses dish. In fact, I'm still eating it in my hotel room. The service tonight was slow. I was cautioned that the order could take 20 minutes to make. It was more like 45 minutes. But the owners were quite busy tonight and they seemed to be surprised and frustrated a bit as if this was an unusual amount of business at once, so I'll give them a pass on that.

Noble will definitely hold a spot on my gold star list of places I want to return next time I am in Sacramento... Which will probably be next week.

Good Job!

Pros: Unique flavors, Very tasty sauces, Really nice people

Cons: Long wait, Slightly sketchy area

Vegetarian

Contributions +109

Okay, nothing special - Edit

I had the roses on the grill. I give them credit for having cool names for their dishes, but otherwise, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't impressive.

Nice entrees - Edit

Gotta love the chow mein (i order it spicy) and ruby pearls.

Pros: friendly owners

Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Noble Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.