Noble Vegetarian

Contact 916-334-6060

5049 College Oak Dr Ste A, Sacramento, California, USA, 95841

Vegan Asian cuisine near ARC College. Has Vietnamese pho noodle soup. No eggs or MSG. Probably all vegan, but best confirm that mock meats are vegan. Nice atmosphere. Affiliated with Loving Hut organization. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 4:30pm-8:00pm, Sat 11:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by ubswe3t

Excellent Food - Edit

All fresh, all good and nice variety on the menu. They add greens and fresh herbs to dishes more than most restaurants.

Tried vegan flan and it was better than tradition flan!

Pros: All Vegan

Contributions +48

Big portions, cheap, good taste - Edit

Cozy place, very nice staff, good food, cheap. I would recommend to everyone to visit this place. And ohhh...they have the most delicious vegan cheesecake :)

if not eating soy or gluten - Edit

I was very disappointed with my experience at this restaurant. The waiter was very pleasant, but inexperienced and unaware that seitan is wheat gluten. Every dish either had soy or wheat gluten in it, I cannot eat either. I explained this to the waiter, he wasn't very helpful with suggestions. I went ahead and ordered vegetable fried rice without tofu, with extra vegetables. The only vegetables in it were peas and diced carrots. I asked for a side of stir fried vegetables, like cabbage and broccoli, the kitchen sent out steamed cabbage, broccoli and carrots and said that the only way I could have stir fry would be to order an entree. The waiter tried his best to help me get what I wanted, but the kitchen basically refused.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: everything has soy or gluten

Be Very Specific on the Directions - Edit

First things first: The food is okay, the portions are big, and the prices are reasonable. The wonton soup is enough for 2 and delicious. There is no stellar entree although they are okay. Make sure that you are very clear with the waitress about when you want to have the different courses. She doesn't seem to have much experience going to a restaurant herself. They bring out all of the courses at the same time, sometimes she brings out the soup after the entree. Not only do you need to tell her that you want the soup first but you also need to tell her that you don't want the other stuff until each course is finished. By the third time we were there and we were clear we really had had enough and didn't want to argue any more. We are pretty relaxed people but you can't argue with common sense. We still feel it is worth supporting this restaurant. They are good people at heart.

Pros: Large portions, cheap, Food is tasty

Cons: They bring out all food at the same time

Key Lime Pie-AMAZING - Edit

I knew that I had found the best key lime pie when I had a piece of the Noble Vegetarian's home made key lime pie. Absolutely tasty and a perfect balance between lime taste and textures. We bought a pie to take home--that good!

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, hearty dishes, clean environment

Very tasty - Edit

My partner and I went here to celebrate my birthday. After reading reviews we went here and it was the first vegetarian restaurant we ever visited. We shared the Roses on the grill and I loved it, as close to the real thing. I also had the golden flower blossom which was fantastic and full of flavor. It was citrusy and tangy and great. My girl friend had something with curry, coconut juice, broccoli, as well as tofu. I didn't like it at all. She claimed to like it but she had maybe seven bites. We aldo got sides of brown and white rice, which were dry but I sprinkled the tangy sauce over it, and that fixed the problem. Also their drinks aren't fountain they are cans. The service was friendly we were repeatedly
asked if we needed refills on our water, which was huge for my partner. Also the woman that gave us our bill and showed concern over the curry that only had a handful of bites taken from it. She asked if anything wrong with it. I have been craving the Golden flower blossom since I've had it and plan to return as soon as I get paid!

Pros: Good portions, Friendly staff, Great ambiance

Cons: Sketchy location

The Noble Vegetarian is a very good restaurant - Edit

I highly recommend the excellent vegetarian food and pleasant staff at this small restaurant. It is located in a small strip mall and the interior decor is only average. However, the great food and service make it well worth going.

Surprisingly good. - Edit

One of the hazards of traveling to different places is that you really never know what you are getting into for dinner. This is ten times more true if you are vegetarian. Some localized ethnic places decide they want to serve a veg menu so they just sub cubed tofu in all their meat dishes. I hate that. Thai places are notorious for that trick.

Noble Veg does something completely different. They use mock-meats but it is prepared, seasoned and cooked as part of a complete recipe, not just substituting the meat out of their dishes. Likewise the sauces are made with a purpose and it really makes the dishes delicious.

I had Spring Rolls and the roses dish. In fact, I'm still eating it in my hotel room. The service tonight was slow. I was cautioned that the order could take 20 minutes to make. It was more like 45 minutes. But the owners were quite busy tonight and they seemed to be surprised and frustrated a bit as if this was an unusual amount of business at once, so I'll give them a pass on that.

Noble will definitely hold a spot on my gold star list of places I want to return next time I am in Sacramento... Which will probably be next week.

Good Job!

Pros: Unique flavors, Very tasty sauces, Really nice people

Cons: Long wait, Slightly sketchy area

Contributions +109

Okay, nothing special - Edit

I had the roses on the grill. I give them credit for having cool names for their dishes, but otherwise, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't impressive.

Even non-vegans enjoyed it! - Edit

First off, everything on their menu is vegan, and they have lots of tofu options for those who aren't big fans of fake meat. I was very impressed with this place and so was my non-vegan family. I had the Love From Above 1 and the veggies were perfect, the sauce was great too. Also enjoyed the Golden Age Nugget, which were veggie chicken nuggets, the Prawns to Perfection and Longevity Rolls, which were good as long as you like mint. My husband had the Ruby Pearls, which I felt were too greasy but he really enjoyed. The rest of my family enjoyed their soups, you can chose the spice level and my mother-in-law was tearing up from her "hot" spice level. The place was clean and not busy and the employees were knowledgeable and nice and didn't have a problem that we brought a 1 month old. If I didn't live 500 miles away, I would go here again!

Pros: All Vegan, Lots of options

Cons: Lots of fried food

one of the best - Edit

My husband and I eat here all the time and love the food. The service is usually good but don't be surprised if sometimes they need a reminder that you need water. We particularly love the roses on the grill roll, wonton soups, eggplant tofu, chow mein, lemongrass vegekin & islands of paradise 3. The restaurant is clean and newly remodeled. Portions are fairly large and they are pretty consistent. All restaurants have their pros and cons, but since this is one of the best around, I'm gonna give it 5 cows.

A Place To Go Back To! - Edit

Great restaurant for the vegans! Nice menu with a wide selection dishes, very friendly and helpful staff, fast service, wonderful tasting food and at a reasonable price. I had a great Wonton Rice Noodle Soup (gluten free) and my partner had the "Island of Paradise". We would recommend both. While shoveling the brown rice, tofu, soy protein, and vegetables into his mouth with the chop sticks, my partner asked "why haven't 'you' suggested this place before"? Bless his heart! I do plan on suggesting we go back many times more to try out other items on menu.

Pros: Good Menue, Great Tasting Food, Friendly Staff

delicious! - Edit

I can't believe i waited so long to try this place! I ended up there one rainy evening after class because i had the most intense craving for wonton soup, but i've never been able to find a vegetarian version. This place has AMAZING soup. I recommend the wonton noodle soup. The roti drumsticks are also fantastic and they come with a handy little stick to give you the true drumstick experience. The kung pao "chicken" is also a staple. It has a generous amount of mock chicken, veggies, and a tasty sauce. Plus, now through december '09 they're opening up on the last sunday of the month AND giving you 50% off your bill on those days. I swear i don't work there, i'm just excited that i don't have to drive all the way through midtown just to get some decent vegetarian food!

Pros: delicious, fairly priced, friendly staff

A fantastic find! - Edit

The Noble Vegetarian is located near American River College in Sacramento; I've noticed it a few times on my way out there and finally decided to stop in and try it. And I'm so glad that I did! The majority of their menu items are centered around vegetarian meat replacements, and the quality is great, the sauces are tasty, and the overall meal I ate was fantastic. I also like that they offer brown rice as well as regular white rice. I will definitely be going back sometime soon, and taking my husband with me next time! I want to try some of their appetizers and soups.

Pros: delicious food, healthy options, pleasant atmosphere

Cons: N/A

My Favorite Restaurant - Edit

This place is the Best of the Best. The food is awesome, prices are great, I could eat there everyday.
Everything on the menu is my favorite.

Pros: Excellent Food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Cons: None, Nope not one, No Cons Here

A wonderful out-of-the-way find! - Edit

A vegetarian living in Sacramento for 13 years, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I discovered Noble Vegetarian. What a find! I have been three times and have loved each dish. My favorite is the Ruby Pearls, which is fried tofu balls in sweet and sour sauce. I have dreams about this dish! All the Love From Above dishes are also very tasty.

Pros: Wonderful philosophy, Great food

Cons: It's too far from my house!

Wonderful discovery - Edit

I just started traveling to the "Sacramento" area and found this place last week. I ended up eating there twice in one week and will be going again this week.
Try the Nutty Burger and Nutty Taco, you will not be disappointed.
Plan on eating outside and enjoying the view of this small town.

Pros: excellent food, good choices, interesting

Yummy food. - Edit

The food is so yummy! I had a noodle bowl with veggies and vegan egg rolls and a yummy sauce. It was so delicious. I also tried other dishes that my friends ordered and they were equally as good. I really like the curry dish with veggie chicken. They also have a variety of soups and spring rolls and everything is vegan! I will definitely be going back soon.

Pros: big portions, friendly staff, DELICIOUS!

I Love This Place - Edit

My wife and I have been eating here for a while now. They have wonderful food. This is a family owned specializing in Vietnamese vegetarian cooking. I have tried most of the menu and have enjoyed all.

My personal favorite is the Ginger Vegeken. My wife who is decidedly not vegetarian enjoys eating at Noble Vegetarian. She really likes the Banana Cake.

Pros: excellent food, freindly, healthy food

New Favorite Restaurant - Edit

I tried this place last week for the first time and went there twice in one week because it was so good. The veggie pho and drumsticks were excellent! If you're a vegetarian in Sacramento you've got to check this place out!

Pros: Awesome Food, Large Portions, Reason Prices

First Visit-A Good Choice - Edit

We found this restaurant to be clean with great service and prices. This was our first visit but both dishes we tried were excellent. Another good choice in our rotation of vegan food restaurants-Au Luc, Andy Nyugens, Udupi, and now the Noble Vegetarian.

Pros: Large choice of menu items, Great Servise and Prices, Clean

Cons: NONE!!

Really good place - Edit

I ate at Noble Vegetarian for the first time today. I was really impressed with the food, I had a rice plate, which was imitation grilled chicken. The prices are very reasonable as well. The staff are very kind and environment friendly. I definitely recommend trying it out.

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice staff

my favorite restaurant! - Edit

if you are looking for a good vegetarian restaurant, or just want to try some good food..go to NOBLE VEGETARIAN. their menu has authentic quality vegetarian dishes made of vegetables, tofu, substitutes, and a really good selection of smoothies. and the best part...the prices are really cheap! so bring your family, friends, coworkers, or special someone and enjoy great dining at this restaurant. i love the vegetarian fortune cookie and cheesecake.

Pros: unique vegetarian dishes, low prices, free delivery

awesome place to eat - Edit

great food! great prices! good place for lunch, to go, (they also deliver) and a nice place to have dinner or go on a date.

Pros: reasonable prices, vegan friendly, great atmosphere

Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Noble Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9200 times since Aug 2007.