CLOSED: No Bones About It - Food Truck

n/a

Seattle area, Seattle, Washington, USA

Ballard-based all vegan food truck operating at changing locations since summer 2014. Confirmed closed, Feb 2017.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by JamieKelley

Best Vegan Nachos! - Edit

I tried the nachos when they still visited UW Bothell, and the cheese was perfection! These are the only nachos I've tried that really tasted like dairy cheese. Honestly, they may have been the best nachos I have ever had, and I was a nacho-fiend before I went vegan, haha! Can't wait to visit the No Bones Tiki Bar!

Pros: Fantastic Comfort Food!

now a sit down restaurant - Edit

Great food and fun place to eat. We have had brunch twice and love it. Other menu items also look good.

Honest to god, good vegan food! - Edit

It's a tiki bar that serves outstanding vegan food! We have eaten here twice for breakfast which is served only on weekends. The food is the best vegan fare we've had! On the menu, we've had the lox, stuffed poblano pepper, the ranchero, the Cesar salad, the cinnamon roll, and the Bloody Mary cocktail. All have been well presented and extremely tasty. No excess oil at this place. No dripping grease. So get with your groove, and give this place a try!!

Pros: cleanliness , friendly service, outstanding food quality

Cons: breakfast only served weekends

The Best! - Edit

I love this truck and all the people who work on it. Their meal creations are innovative and ridiculously yummy, and everyone you deal with is THE. NICEST. EVER. Their nachos are so good I eat them voraciously despite the fact that they have cilantro on them. Cilantro sucks, but their food totally doesn't!

Pros: Yummy, Great People

Cons: Not open every day in an easily accessible locatio, Not parked in front of my house making me food all

Comfort Food .. and oh yeah, and vegan too... - Edit

When you think of "No Bones About it" Food Truck - think of two words "comfort food". This the kind of food you sit down and eat with your friends and build new cherished memories over. This isn't just food that you grab and go - it's food that you, truly - experience.

I have been waiting for the opportunity to try this truck so I had to get a few items. The nachos were out of this world, melty "cheesy" goodness with olives, tomatoes and more.

The "beer battered avocado tacos" - I've never tasted anything like this before. The crunchy outer texture of the avocado balanced with the "fleshy" part inside.

Last (for me) but certainly not least " Coconut Buffalo Seitan Wrap". I loved the crispy texture of the grilled wrap and the seitan had just the right balance of chew and mouth feel and omgosh - taste!!

This is some of the best comfort food you can hope to find and .. oh yeah, if you like your comfort food to be completely vegan - you're in luck!!

Pros: Delicious food, Unique choices, Friendly staff

A little bit of heaven - in a truck! - Edit

No Bones About It is an awesome all-vegan food truck offering a small but really, really tasty menu. Some might call their offerings fast food, but both the flavors and the quality are far above the usual fast food category. I've eaten the beer-battered avocado tacos (crunchy and savory with just the right touch of heat), the coconut-buffalo sauce seitan wrap (my favorite - a big wrap filled with spicy seitan and cabbage) and "Hey Butkus" (smoked portobello mushrooms with a creamy cashew cheese sauce). If the great food isn't enough to draw you there, consider that they donate a part of their profits to local animal shelters and animal rights groups. I wish they'd open a brick location somewhere, but for now I'll seek them out any time I can.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 29, 2014

Pros: Great flavors and quality, Really nice people inside the truck, They support local animal organizations

Cons: No fixed location - they move around

Would even recommend to non-vegans - Edit

My wife and I have been going here ever since their first day, and we'll keep going as often as we can. It's so delicious, it is one of those places we can point to when non-vegans tell us that it's too hard to give up meat or dairy.

The avocado tacos and bahn mi are just amazing. I get both every time, along with some nachos, and save whatever I have leftover for my next meal. The menu isn't huge, but changes often, and everything I've had so far has been incredible.

Best food truck out there by far, and easily one of the best vegan restaurants in the city. Well worth tracking it down and checking them out.

Pros: Great food, Great people/staff, Very fair prices for the large portions

Cons: Truck can be too far away sometimes, Hard to pick just one menu option

Changing how vegan food is viewed - Edit

This truck is awesome. Familiar food with a twist of uniqueness that I think other vegan places lack. A lot of vegan places try to be completely different in their food, and are typically pretty expensive. Sometimes you just want a sandwich, or a wrap, or a taco, or something just comforting. They have that, and aren't pricey. The price fits the meal. They combine familiar items with other familiar items to make it double appealing! Beer battered avocado tacos, Buffalo wraps, Bahn Mi Sandwich, good ol' fashion nachos, the list goes on. I have taken non-vegans to this truck, and they have been so impressed that they went back on their own later. They are helping to change the perception of vegan food.

In addition to the food, the staff is crazy sweet. Having a bad day? They're like a happy puppy that you just can't be pissy around. Your mood changes like that. They're personality is infectious and the passion for their food is apparent. They want to make sure everyone trying their food is happy.

Try them. You won't be disappointed.

Pros: Excellent food, Priced right, Amazing staff

Cons: None, None, None

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: No Bones About It - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.