First Review by hume-walls

Delicious Food - Edit

My husband and I came here for lunch while in the old city. We were surprised to find a restaurant with so many vegan options. We had the Purple Heart (raw beet salad with flax crackers and creamy sauce), a traditional Dalmatian meal (polenta, sauté greens, and tofu in tomato sauce), and Mexican burrito. The food was very good and our waiter was friendly

Pros: raw foods, vegan options, good locations, friendly

Great - Edit

Great food, original and VERY tasty !!
A little bit more of quantity would be perfect ♥ but the main course and the desert was enough.

Pros: tasty, great, nice people

Cons: a little bit too short on quantity

Romantic vegan - Edit

This is the only vegetarian restaurant I could find in Dubrovnik. It's located down a small alley way in Old Town, a romantic setting to say the least. The food tastes great and the service was very good. I would recommend the "Twister" for a starter, the "meatballs" are delicious! :-)

Would recommend booking in the evening as it gets quite busy.

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious vegan food, Outdoor seating

Cons: No vegan cake when I visited

Good option for vegans - Edit

It was really nice to find Nishta in the busy Old Town of Dubrovnik. Although the menu is limited and portions are on the smaller side, the food is good and it is a nice change from all of the other restaurants you walk by in the city that serve meat and seafood. The server was great and service was prompt.

Pros: Vegetarian and vegan options , Good location, Prompt service

Cons: Limited menu items, Smaller portion sizes, Limited hours of operation

a lucky find! - Edit

I was sceptical about finding a place in Dubrovnik that would cater for vegan. So pleasantly surprised! We went for dinner and lunch the following day. We got the burger, taco, noodles, pakoras and the chocolate pudding made out of tofu. The pakoras and noodles were definitely the highlight. My friend even ordered 2 serves of the pakoras. Staff were super friendly and cute. Highly recommend

Pros: delicious food

Cons: not the cheapest

Great food, service and location - Edit

Everything we order was very tasty and of very good quality. What topped the experience off was the fantastic service.

Book ahead as we saw loads of disappointed people getting turned away as they were full!

Pros: Quality, Service, Location

Cons: Nothing

Great place to eat - Edit

Facing street #38, we found a nice place to eat. The falafel were good, the noodles with ginger tasted great and the polenta for our young child was teasty. A place we recommend.

Ate twice, both a delight. - Edit

Day 1
First we had the Bar-Bea Burger and the Tempehritos. The vegan option to have hummus instead of cream was a great addition on the burritos. The burger it's self was deepfried too long for my liking, the chips were under cooked also. But had the potential the be really tasty.

Day 2
Had the pakoras to start, they were lovely. 6 instead of 5 would make them a great dish without arguments ;)
Then had the vege-thali (tofu instead of panner would be a great vegan option). I had the banana curry. Which was lovely and gone within a minute. The cream eu chocolate was a perfect end.

amazing! - Edit

only vegetarian restaurant in Dubrovnik .. and easily one of the most amazing restaurants in the world. I spent a week in Dubrovnik and ate here 4 times -beware-its a small place and it fills up fast (they do accept reservations). We just ate early every night.
The salad bar is incredible. At first glance, its small, but has so many delicious options, i ran out of room in my bowl SO fast! and the other food on the menu! OMG-my group of 3 ordered different things almost every night, and never had anything we didnt like (even the meat eater in our group was thrilled, and delighted to return night after night!)

Pros: amazing food, friendly staff

Cons: i wish there were more of these restaurants!

One week with Nishta - Edit

I was in Dubrovnik for 7 days. Spent 5 dinners at Nishta. It was a lifesavior. Not only do they have the best food in town, they are also sooo supernice and its a lovely atmosphere.

I also had a friend with me who was neither vegan or vegetarian and he didn't want to go to any other restuarant other than Nishta.

On our last day in Dubrovnik they got us desserts on the house, since we ate there so much. They are supercute! Love from Sweden!

Pros: Vegan, Big portions, Really good and tasty stuff

Cons: The only con was the banana dish, it was not enoug

excellent- thank you! - Edit

I'm overjoyed that this restaurant exists. It's the only vegan place anywhere in the area. It made my stay in Dubrovnik possible- it meant I could have a nutritious meal and didn't have to ask constantly if it's got milk/eggs in it etc!
The quality of the food is excellent. We ate there 4 times in a week. We had just about everything on the menu between us and there was nothing that I was disappointed in. Eggplant 'meat'balls, eggplant tartar, vegan temporitos and the sea queen are my favourites.
The restaurant is massively popular. I recommend making a reservation.
The only improvement this restaurant could make would be either to extend the premises or open up a second location in the city.
Keep up the good work (if you publish a recipe book I'd definitely buy it...)

Pros: mostly vegan, excellent range of food options, excellent quality food

Cons: could do with bigger premises

Great meal! - Edit

I had read a flattering article about this restaurant before my trip and was pleasantly surprised just looking at the menu. Despite catering to people with restricted diets, the options sounded appealing and creative. I ordered Pakoras: "Mixed vegetables fried in a light and spicy dough made of chickpeas.
Refreshing raita. Dip it in sweet and spicy cream made of green beans. Gluten free." My main course was the SeaQueen: "Algae’s accompanied by avocados, cranberries, walnuts, cashews and sesame–orange
dressing served with the Peruvian grain, quinoa. Vegan. Gluten free." Both were flavorful and different from the vegetarian food I would order in the U.S.!

Pros: Unique menu with a wide range of options , Friendly staff! I arrived with a group of 7 and th, Not expensive!

Cons: Not a good restaurant for people who aren't health

Very good. - Edit

Small place, beautyful location, nice staff and it tasted so good. Remember to book a table. It's very popular!

Go here! - Edit

I went to Nishta in both Dubrovnik and Zagreb- some seriously amazing food here! Everything is clearly labeled and so, so good!

A gem! / Perffaith! - Edit

Nishta's is great - location is right in the centre of old town, prices are average for Dubrovnik and food was very tasty!!
Plenty of gluten free and vegan options for starter, main and dessert.
Lots of smoothies (vegan with soya milk), healthy shots, juices etc too!

Mae Nishta yn wych - yng nghanol hen dref Dubrovnik, y prisiau ddim rhy ddrud a'r bwyd yn andros o flasus!
Digonedd o opsiynnau di-glwten, fegan ar gyfer y tri chwrs.
Llwythi o ddiodydd meddal iachus a diddorol yn cynnwys smwddis (fegan gyda llaeth soya), diodydd byr iachus, sudd ayyb!

Pros: lots of gluten free options, lots of vegan options, very tasty

Cons:

Cosy vegan/vegetarian dubrovnik - Edit

Great little find in Dubrovnik. I ordered a starter of spiralled zucchini and Brown rice/eggplant balls. Was delicious! I didn't order a main but I was still hungry, so ordered some sweet potato fries with hummus. the fries weren't as cooked as I would have liked them, but still a lovely experience. The waitress was lively and spoke really good English.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, plus salad bar.

Great food! - Edit

Cozy and conveniently located in the touristic center of Dubrovnik.
I was skeptical as I read a bad review of this place, but the food was good and appreciate it being in a convenient place for a tourist like me :)

Most of their foods were good - but some were so so.
I liked their cashew and carrot soup.

Pros: good food, city center

Cons: seating is limited

great - Edit

Nishta has it down. During my visits, I had almost every vegan item on the menu, and everything was consistently excellent. My favorite was probably the ping pong appetizer. I also particularly appreciate the fresh juices. Service was efficient and attentive. And the location in the old town is full of charm. Prices are quite reasonable especially considering both the location and the quality. I only wish there were a few more vegan items on the menu, to keep things interesting on multiple visits.

Enjoy!

Return to Dubrovnik Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nishta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.