Nisha Indian Restaurant

Contact 071253746

Kitsalat Rd (at Wisunalat Rd), Luang Prabang, Laos,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian diner that advertises vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Menu has a decent vegetarian section with vegan choices. As of March 2013, dishes range from 13,000 to 25,000 kip. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by konatufe

tasty veggie food. no frills! - Edit

Good range of choices on the menu - nice to see the vegetarian dishes at the front! My friend and I enjoyed the veggie pakora and samosas followed by the vegetable curry, eggplant curry with naan and chapati.

Everything was freshly prepared, good portion size and we were full! Beware - The choice is spicy or not spicy - no halfway measure and spicy means SPICY! Good service although our aired was a little brusque!

Pros: good range of vegetarian options , affordable , good portion size

Cons: it's a little neglected and run down , main food can be noisy

Good food but noisy - Edit

We had a polite young waiter and ordered the tomato soup (very good, 15,000 kip), the vegetable samosa (good, 10,000 kip), and the yellow lentil dhaal (thin, almost souplike, but good, 15,000 kip) with saffron rice (15,000 kip). Pictures are in the gallery.

Since we're a bit sensitive to spiciness, we chose 'not spicy' and were surprise that that actually meant not spicy. Both the soup and the dhaal were, to our liking, quite mild.

We enjoyed the food, but the place was very noisy due to the tiled floor and walls amplifying the street noise and the blaring sound system. We didn't find the place particularly dirty though, as an earlier reviewer did.

The Wifi password is laonisha.

Pros: Some 30 vegetarian options

Cons: Very noisy, rather dim lighting

Not friendly staff but yummy vegan appetizers - Edit

I've been there once so far and had just appetizers. A plate with 2 vegetable samosas for 10000 kip and a mixed vegetable Pakora for 12000 kip.
The place is a bit dirty and the staff not friendly, but the appetizers were incredible good. Pakora was not only fried vegetables, but with yummy spices on it. I double checked and it was both vegan.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: dirty place, not friendly staff

It's ok - Edit

Nothing remarkable. I really felt like in India, because I think the service is like in India... pretty much... what do you want?
I ask for alo-gobi, chapati and sweet lassi. Lassi was not so tasty. Alo-gobi was ok, and chapati small.
I think is ok if you want to try Indian food in Laos.

Return to Luang Prabang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nisha Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1900 times since Mar 2013.