First Review by westcornersville

Now very Cautious where I eat. - Edit

Went to this restaurant because it was close to the hotel I was staying in, Zona Rosa. It was actually within walking distance.
I arrived about 45 minutes before closing and the buffet was the only option.
So I decided to stay an try it out. Some of the dishes were cold, I guess from being left out. The end result, I ended up with food poisoning. It didn't take long before it set in, I was rushing to the bathroom about 15 minutes after eating. A very unpleasant experience on my last day of vacation.

Pros: Friendly service

Cons: Food poisoning, Food left out in the open., Unsafe food handling

Less soy please!! - Edit

The Buffett is very good if you are a soy lover. Almost everything is lacto, so if you are vegan maybe it is not the best buffet option for you.

The decoration is beautiful, I like going Sunday morning because there is not many people and the place keeps calmed.

Prices are accessibles and you cat take yoga classes up stairs

Pros: Price, Taste, Location

Cons: Soy made

Not Bad Not Good - Edit

I had a lunch buffet at Nirvana and I was not impressed by the choice, the quality or the taste of the food. Most was vegetarian. Very few vegan items. I guess ordering items on the menu offers better options for vegans.

Pros: Location, Kind Staff

Cons: Depressing Classical Music, Bland Buffet, Little Choice For Vegan

Love the vegan buffet idea but come early - Edit

We showed up half an hour before closing, when the buffet was not fresh (don't do what we did). The food was "ok" but probably would have been more complete and fresh had we been there earlier. Staff was nice and the ambiance felt great (fountain and lots of plants).

Good Buffet, Maybe Okay on Veganism - Edit

This place is very hidden away in the back of some buildings but has a wonderful garden and a very zen space. We got there early and so the buffet was fresh. I asked one of the workers if any of the food wasn't vegan. He didn't seem to know what vegan meant so I asked if anything had dairy, eggs or cheese and he said no.

They featured some vegetables which I enjoyed as I found vegetables to be a rare commodity when eating in Mexico City. The food was good, I wouldn't say it was great. Dessert options were limited and perhaps vegan, perhaps not.

Employees were very nice and pleasant.

Pros: Buffet Assortment, Ambience

Cons: Not Sure if Food was Vegan

Majority vegan options - Edit

The majority of the dishes were vegan when i went to the buffet today. Tey had soy meatballs, black beans, salad, fruit, tamarind juice, papaya juice, vegan cookies, vegan bread, sliced apples & raisins in coconut milk, spiced greens beans and veggie meat, lentil soup, spiced broccoli.

Pros: more options than Yug, nice open eating area with a fountain, pretty good food

Cons: sketchy bathrooms, little english spoken

Good buffet - Edit

I went here at about 3pm after arriving in Mexico City. The timing was perfect since nothing had run out yet.

The buffet had quite a lot of cooked and raw (salad, fruit salad) vegan options and you can keep eating until you can't fit any more in.

The staff were clued up on what's vegan and what isn't, which is always helpful.

Give it a go. It's pretty good.

Pros: All you can eat

wonderful sanctuary - Edit

What a great little place... which I never would've found if it weren't for HappyCow. Right between Insurgentes and Cuauhtemoc metro stations, a nice and varied buffet in a lovely, tranquil atmosphere. Interesting, many of the staff are Haitian - including in the kitchen, which puts a twist on some dishes (bear in mind that most of them don't speak Spanish, so a bit of pantomime might help). Highly recommended for a satisfying lunch.

Pros: varied, central, friendly

Cons: limited hours

I love this place - eat till you drop - Edit

Everything I`ve ever eaten here, and I`ve eaten there a lot, has been great. Good variety in the buffet, good salad dressing and juices, main dishes are kind of soy heavy but good way to try mexican dishes that otherwise feature meat. Nothing I don`t love about this place! Cute atmosphere too

Pros: big buffet, green atmosphere, yummy

Cons: noisy when full, a tad more expensive than regular place

Friendly and Very Vegan-Friendly - Edit

First of all, they don't open up until 1:00 PM (instead of noon). However, I had a flight that afternoon, so when I showed up at 12:30 and didn't have a half hour to wait, they let me come in and start eating anyway (they already had the salads out, and the main courses came out shortly thereafter). Almost everything appeared to be vegan and were quite tasty. They had things like chili rellenos, pinto bean soup, "soy asada", noodles, rice, various salad items (including alfalfa sprouts), papaya slices, etc. Because I came early, they still had the previous days buffet menu displayed, and it a dish with nopales--the cactus leaves, which are certainly uber-Central-Mexico. Highly recommend--thought too bad they're not open for dinner. Affordable--I think it was 55 pesos plus drink.

Pros: tasty, friendly, accommodating staff, great location near Zona Rosa

Cons: needs longer hours

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nirvana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3157 times since Dec 2008.