Ning Thai Cuisine

Contact 808-965-7611

15-2955 Pahoa Rd (at /on Big Island), Pahoa, Hawaii, USA, 96778

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tofu curry dishes, Thai iced tea with coconut milk (upon request), veggie summer rolls with peanut sauce. Ask the kitchen to leave out fish sauce and use separate cookware for vegetarian dishes.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by keepongrowing

Going to check out Ning's! - Edit

Today is my Wife's BEarth Day, so I wanted to take the her and the children to a veggie friendly restaurant. As we are fairly new to this Island, I've been on the hunt for options. Based on the previous reviews, Ning's sounds promising.

I will BE sure to return to share our experience.

Props to HappyCow for providing this useful service!

My favorite Thai place anywhere - Edit

Ning's has many vegan options. Just tell them you want it all vegan. They actually have vegan fish and oyster sauce--they showed me the bottles for them. I used to live in the SF Bay Area which has many great Thai places. Ning's is my favorite over any of them. Favorites are the Pad Thai, Mee Ka Ti, and Evil Jungle Prince. There are so many options on the menu, and they have dishes I have never seen at other Thai places. The coconut soup is also amazing. Everyone I have ever taken there remarks on how good it is. Also, it is BYOB and they will be happy to bring you a beer mug or wine glasses and openers.

Pros: nearly every dish excellent, Inexpensive for Hawaii, Mee Ka Ti

Cons: Service can be spotty

Delicious Thai food in a small town - Edit

Pahoa is a vegan friendly town. This restaurant claims that they can make the dishes to be vegan. I did asked for no fish sauce. We ordered the fresh summer rolls (not fried), Vietnamese style, with peanut sauce and they were fresh and good. We ordered eggplant and tofu dish, brown rice, and massaman curry with tofu. They were delicious. I asked for a chili sauce on the side and boy that adds the heat to our dished. All in all it was a great restaurant in a small town and it can be crowded for dinner.

Pros: Large vegan selection, Serves tofu

Cons: Can be crowded at night, Service is a bit slow cause of crowd

Yum! - Edit

Though the town itself is a little unique, and not as touristy as other places in Hawaii, this restaurant was great and had many many vegetarian choices and REALLY tasty flavors in the dishes. The food was worth it.

Pros: TASTY & flavorful, great veg choices

Cons: poor parking, slow service

Return to Pahoa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ning Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 920 times since Aug 2007.