First Review by nineheaven

cozy but a little slow - Edit

The food is good and the atmosphere is nice. I was just a little confused by the menu, since there is no real indicator what kind of food they focus on. They have a little bit of everything.

Pros: homemade kimchi

Cons: a little slow, wants to be to much

Fully vegan warung, such a win! - Edit

I was so excited to eat here, being located in a quiet-ish street and having so many dishes to choose from. The staff were very friendly and there were lots of good vibes in the café. I ordered the vegan nasi rendang, and a ginger tea. My mum ordered the vegan ramen, which tasted delicious! The rendang was nice, but as it consisted almost entirely of mock meat my stomach was upset by it, leaving me feeling sick. In hindsight it would have been better to choose another dish, as they were all so amazing.

I definitely recommend eating here, its so nice to know everything is vegan.

Pros: Fully vegan

a bit disappointed - Edit

I had high expetations due ro the good ratings. The menu also looked great. It's a nice and cozy place. The idea of a 'vegan Warung' is great. The thing is the whole concept doesn't seem to work out yet. First time we ordered apple-cinammom pancakes (ok) and tofu porridge (was just plain rice in water). Second time I ordered a greek salad. On the menu: green leaves, carrots, avocados and tahin sauce. I got a tiny portion with 3 little cubes of avo and no salt, no sauce, nothing.
The vegan indonesian food was good. It's a great idea though like I said.

fantastic - Edit

We had breakfast and lunch here and both were delicious. For breakfast we had apple and cinnamon pancakes and the fresh juice, so great to get vegan pancakes! I ordered coffee with cashew milk, and I saw them get a big bag of cashews from the fridge and then I was served a freshly made glass of creamy cashew cream. I put this on my coffee and on the pancakes! For lunch I had the Korean kimchi dishes - yum! Also has a spa . Must visit

Fantastic Vegan food, fun unique options! - Edit

I really loved the Korean vegan options here. I tried the Kimchi soup (great with lots of Kimchi inside), the Tofu soup (my favorite), the Ramen Soup (very delicious and also spicy) and the Kimchi Pancake (which is amazing!!). So I really liked all the food... the owner and staff were also very friendly and fun to talk to.

Come here to try vegan korean food in Bali!! I also asked them to make my pancake with as little oil as possible and they easily did that, and I loved it!

Pros: Good Portions, Interesting options, Delicious kimchi

Cons: not enough people coming in!

Excellent Warung ! - Edit

This restaurant is very similar to a Warung (local restaurant). Prices are cheap, food is local, but all is vegan so you can make your choice in all the menu, which is really pleasant !

Plus, the food is very tasty and some corean dishes add some variety to the never changing "nasi campur".

You should not miss this restaurant !

good food, odd service - Edit

It's a new place still figuring out how to serve a gigantic party of four. A reminder: everyone should get drinks and appetizers, then entrees, then desserts. Not a few entrees, an hour passes, then an appetizer, then a half hour, then the remaining food after we asked about it several times.
Loved the spicy vegan ramen and ice creams. Fried tempeh, usually great in Bali, bland and served with ketchup. Why? Seaweed soup also very bland.
Owner very nice. This place has potential and we love that it's 100% vegan. Just seems like everyone's a little stoned, as is so often the case in vegan restaurants.

Pros: good value, vegan ramen, vegan ice creams

Cons: slow service, they forgot parts of our order, dishes come out at random times

Only Korean food can find in Ubud and it is Vegan - Edit

There are few menu I recomend is Kimchi Pancake, Tofu Kimchi(grilled kimchi with covonut oil and raw tofu), Seaweed Soup is superb, Vegan Ramen is very unique...And also you can find a Vegan IceCream and Coconut Pribiotic drinks... Be Vegan...Save our Planet...!!

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nine Heaven Vegan Warung closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.