Nightshade

360-377-2642

2002 E 11th St, Bremerton, Washington, USA, 98310

Serves meat, vegan options available. In the Mannette neighborhood at the north end of the bridge with views, not far from the Bremerton ferry terminal. Menu offers brunch type of food as well other substantial meals, and is clear about the veg/vegan options. Open Thu-Sat 4:30pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm, Sun 4:30pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by veganhbj

Vegan Options in Kitsap!! - Edit

I've been several times and absolutely love the food! The staff is fantastic also. I would have given it 5 stars if not for the occasional smell of smoking pork belly 濫. However almost every dish has a vegan and gluten free option and there really is nothing like this in Kitsap County. I totally recommend the scrambled tofu and flat bread with gravy on the brunch menu!

Pros: Amazing food, Beautiful location, Super sweet and accommodating staff

Don't bother. This restaurant disappoints. - Edit

I hardly write negative reviews, but this place was so bad, I had to warn other vegans. Summary: This was our third visit, and we gave the place another try just to be sure the bad service and bad food wasn't a fluke. This visit: Mother's Day Brunch 2017. Offering a prix fix menu at $25 a plate, our meal consisted of 3 courses. One small baguette slice covered with avocado slices, a salad, and a choice of either a vegan hash with Tofu or a vegan sandwich. First, the only drinks included for the cost - water. Coffee/ tea was extra. Second, the service was really, really bad. Granted they were kinda stupid and had a mass seating (18 people total) rather than staggering reservations, but once you were seated and ordered you had to wait an incredibly long time for any service. Now this is a tiny space with at least 7 workers/cooks behind the counter. They actively ignored my hand waving (hey man, I ordered coffee 20 mins ago). Two workers were kissing (yes, kissing) and otherwise just chatting while a two others made food. Food was delivered by type rather than table - the result? 3 out of 4 at our table had food for 10 mins. before the last person served. Lastly, the food was awful. Partially cold, and nasty. How can you make potatoes nasty? The tofu was unflavored, but grilled. It was bad, a bit like rubber. Considering this place advertises it's a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, it should close its doors. These people don't know what they're doing. All of us are sick to our stomachs this afternoon. Can't say I've had any experience like this.

Pros: I didn't die from food poisoning

Cons: extremely lousy tasting food, like rubber, really, really bad customer service, overpriced

You MUST give this place a try - GREAT food! - Edit

Listen....these people really know what they're doing. Great locally farmed fresh food expertly prepared = makes this highly recommended and a must try! Would have given it 5 Stars but they serve some meat (very little) & HC won't allow for 5 Stars accordingly. It's small and quaint with some really nice decorative ambiance. We've been vegetarians for over 25 years now, and using Happy Cow internationally for about 10 of them,...we're no strangers to vege restaurants. Having been a long time customer of their superb sister restaurant at The Port Gamble Store (you HAVE to try their garlic blue cheese fries...best ever!) we were really excited to hear of their newest endeavor in/just outside of Bremerton. We went for Saturday brunch and from the moment we sat down and offered a grapefruit mimosa to the Tofu Chilaquiles to the baguette French toast, it was all superb! Can't wait to go back and explore their dinner menu. You really should give them a try. You won't be disappointed. Cheers.

Pros: Locally sourced fresh food, Fantastic drink menu, Socially conscious with elimination of take-out co

Best in Kitsap County! Should be a 5-star. - Edit

This is my favorite place to eat in this area. Excellent food, great staff, beautiful venue with a view of Sinclair Inlet. I've eaten here every weekend for the last month, and have never been disappointed. Today was the first time I tried the brunch menu, and the hash was amazing - not just potatoes and onions, but also beets and other root veggies, plus quinoa and fresh herbs.

Note that Nightshade is not a purely vegetarian restaurant, though the menu is very vegetarian friendly and clearly annotated.

Pros: Excellent food, Clearly identify veg*n items on menu, Knowledgeable waitstaff

Return to Bremerton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nightshade closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.