Nicky's Thai Kitchen

856 Western Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15233

Serves meat, vegan options available. Standard Thai food but some dishes can be made vegan. Staff will point which condiments contain fish sauce.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by JoannCorasiniti

I used to love going to Nicky’s but I was so disappointed to find out that their vegan duck curry, which I ate so many times, isn’t actually vegan!! In fact, it’s not even vegetarian - it has fish sauce in it!! When I found out I told them that this is really misleading, and could be so dangerous for someone with allergies, they said “yeah, a lot of people said it’s misleading.” They also said they weren’t going to change the practice. They also claimed they couldn’t remove the fish sauce from any of the curries because the sauce is premade. I was really disappointed because this is so misleading to vegans to call a dish vegan when it isn’t vegan. Vegans Please be warned!!

Cons: Claims to be vegan but it isn’t

veg friendly - Edit

Staff is very accommodating. I had the veggie Pad Thai veganized. It was amazing! Next time I’m in town I’m trying the vegan duck...Nice, cozy atmosphere.

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nicky's Thai Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.