Nicky's Quickie

970-827-5616

151 Main St (at Meadow Rd), Minturn, Colorado, USA, 81645

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegan items which are prepared with separate tongs and mixing bowls. Uses kosher and organic when possible. Cooks with pure extra virgin olive oil and fries in pure grapeseed oil. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by guinevereanne

Rough Day - Edit

We visited on our way back to Denver. They were out of the latke:( we were all looking forward to them:(. They gave us a large order of French fries that were very good. My husband and I split a crispy quickly. The falafel was good, soft and I loved having the artichoke hearts in the sandwich. My sister and her husband had the original sandwich and commented that the meat was mushy. The people behind us got served and left before we got our food. There was a fair amount of loud arguments going on in the back. When we did finally get our food they did give us some free baklava. Not sure if it was vegan or not, we didn't ask. They staff was very apologetic and polite.

Pros: vegan options, French fries were tasty, not to far from highway

Cons: long wait , loud voices in the back room, out of some items.

Glad We Found Nicky's - Edit

We visit the Vail Valley every year and one of our favorite places to go is the Sunday Farmer's Market in Vail. There are many food stands but Nicky's is the only one we've found so far with vegan choices. Nicky's is popular and the line is long but moves quickly. We've tried both the falafel and veggie quickies which are on pita bread and can be ordered vegan. There are also salad and dessert choices.

Pros: Good vegan choices, Quick service

Not too shabby - Edit

I normally refuse to eat at any restraunt that not vegan/vegetarian however I felt comfortable here. The food was good and relatively quick. The French fries were particularly amazing. I also enjoyed the falafel and leafy green salad (the 'Greek Salad' is cucmbers, tomatoes and feta no lettuce).

Be very specific what you want, and do not be afraid to speak up. At least one of the cooks was high.

All in all a good experience.

Pros: excellent food, diverse options, Yummy

Cons: mostly fried food, sometimes lax staff

Return to Minturn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nicky's Quickie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.