Newagen Seaside Inn

( 1 review )
207-633-2544

60 Cape Newagen Rd, Southport, Maine, USA, 04576

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sources Maine ingredients. Several menu items are vegetarian, and chef is able to prepare vegan upon request; accepts special requests and accommodations - call ahead to be sure. Pub and dining inside, outdoor deck with fireplace. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Sarah P

delicious, specially-made entrees - Edit

I have eaten dinner twice at Newagen, and each time has been a fantastic experience. We stopped in one evening expecting only a drink, but in explaining that I was vegan, the host and bartender excitedly explained that the chef loved to cook vegetarian dishes and could easily cook vegan. The chef came to our table and discussed vegan options, and prepared a delectable entree with polenta, lots of vegetables, and a coconut curry sauce. We did not call ahead for our second visit, and the same chef created another incredible vegetable and whole grain meal with coconut milk sauce. I also ordered a salad off the menu, omitting the cheese, which had nuts on it. The only downside to the meals at Newagen was that there was no vegan protein, but knowing that ahead of time I will be returning to eat at Newagen as much as possible while in the area. The location, seaside setting, and indoor ambiance of Newagen makes for my favorite dinner destination in the Boothbay region.

Pros: excellent ambiance and location, delectable vegan creations, friendly and accommodating service

Cons: no vegan menu items

Return to Southport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Newagen Seaside Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.