New York New York Casino - Chin Chin

Contact 702-740-6300

3790 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89109

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small restaurant chain in Los Angeles with a location at the New York New York Casino in Las Vegas. Any entree on the menu can use substitute tofu (soft or deep fried). In addition, some of the appetizers and noodles also have vegetable options as well as the lettuce cups. Upscale casual with a modern decor with lots of red and black accents. Open Mon-Sun til 11pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

The veggie lettuce wraps aren't even vegetarian - Edit

This is not a good choice for vegans. We were starving and there was no waiting to be seated at this restaurant. The first employee I asked about vegan options had no idea what that meant. She asked me "what CAN you eat?" Our actual waitress was very friendly and helpful but unfortunately she didn't have much good news for me. The veggie lettuce wraps contain oyster sauce and chicken powder! This did not leave me with much trust for any other "veggie" dish. The vegetable roll was fine but expensive.

Cons: Chicken powder in veggie lettuce wraps

Fab food and amazing accommodation! - Edit

The staff in Vegas was amazing. Despite a busy Friday night, they took the time to make the gluten free noodles vegan. Super friendly staff. Ordered the salt and pepper tofu...will
Let you know how yummy it is...

Pros: friendly, accommodating, delicious

Cons: only one in Vegas!

Vegetarian but not Vegan - Edit

I ate here at Chin Chin yesterday on 1/7/14 and was not impressed as I read many reviews that they were Vegan. I was finally able to find something to eat after 25 minutes of our waitress running back and forth talking to the chef. I ended up eating Salt & Pepper Tofu with some tweaks to the ingredients. I like to say the staff was very nice and helpful for my Vegan needs.

Pros: Nice, Helpful, Vegetarian options

Cons: No Vegan options

Really nice dinner. - Edit

I am vegan and ordered several dishes that were all wonderful. The server suggested three dishes that were good when the meat were substituted with tofu. I had a Black Bean Shrimp dish sans Shrimp. The tofu was really good. The green bean dish and veggie lo mien was great too. I loved it and will go back before I leave. The server knew exactly what I wanted when I said I was a vegan, and was happy to recommend dishes that fit my diet. Highly recommend.

Pros: On the strip, Moderately priced, Great vegan-aware service

Cons: Family size entrees mostly, No mention of vegan fare on menu, Wouldn't know about it without Happy Cow

Tasty Vegan Asian Cuisine - Edit

I really like Chin Chin because the menu is simple and any meat dish can be substituted with tofu to make it vegan friendly. I had a delicious veggies with rice dish and added in some extra mushrooms and brocolli. Appetizers also include vegan lettuce cups and potstickers so you can enjoy the meal even if your friends are eating sweet and sour chicken. There are mostly meat dishes on the menu, but the tofu is a great option for vegan diners and has lots of flavor.

good place on the Strip - Edit

We've been to Chin Chin at different locations in LA, but it's really nice to have them on the Las Vegas Strip where there aren't that many vegan options. Any entree can have the meat substituted for tofu. We went this last weekend with friends and we ordered family style. We got the Garlic Tomato Tofu (deep fried although you can also get it soft instead), vegetable lettuce wraps (yay, entree size!), and the vegetable lo mein. We also started with the veggie potstickers and spring rolls. Everything was tasty, especially the tofu. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. We've been here before and we will be back again. We would also recommend making reservations as it does get busy.

Pros: on the Strip, can substitute tofu in entrees, friendly service

Cons: serves meat

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New York New York Casino - Chin Chin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4194 times since Mar 2011.