New Tokyo

508-830-3888

6 Home Depot Dr (at Route 3, Exit 5), Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA, 02360

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical Japanese/sushi restaurant with several vegan/vegetarian-friendly options. Will customize if not busy. One of the very few options in the area for vegans. Open Mon-Thu 4:30am-10:00pm, Mon-Thu 11:00am-2:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by LaurenC

not authentic, not good, not veg friendly - Edit

I had gone here a few times, but honestly, I just refuse now. The wait staff isn't veg friendly, and they brought me the chicken broth soup, and told me to " give it to someone else" when I said I couldn't eat it.

Best option around (which doesn't say a lot) - Edit

Plymouth is a vegan wasteland (as is most of the south shore of boston), but when you're stuck here, in an area dominated by awful tourist food, at least you can get a somewhat decent meal at New Tokyo.
Contrary to what the previous reviewer states, they do have tofu on the menu, along with noodles and several vegan friendly rolls and the avocado roll is not $7!! (I have to wonder if this reviewer ate at a different restaurant??)

LaurenC 16 Apr 2014 - As you can see, I wrote the review you're replying to in 2011. So it may have been a very different restaurant back then. At the time they did not have any tofu and it wasn't a good vegetarian option. Glad to see that changed.

Don't even bother. - Edit

This restaurant shouldn't be on this site. I went here about a year ago with friends, and the only vegan things I remember seeing were the avocado roll (which I believe was $7 at the time, and it was small) and edamame. They didn't even have tofu. This place isn't any more vegan-friendly than the other rinky-dink Asian restaurants in the downtown area.

If your friends and family are going here, sure, you can find something on the menu, but don't go for a meal. You just won't be satisfied.

Pros: vegan options, seems clean, friends/family will enjoy it

Cons: few options, not filling, boring options

Return to Plymouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Tokyo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.