New Orleans Café & Wine Bar

Chaksibari Marg 338/19, Kathmandu, Nepal, 44600

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fusion restaurant with a big vegetarian section and a tofu alternative for cheese. Big plates of salad available, which is quite rare in the area. Other options include spinach pancake with ratatouille, Indian tofu paneer, oven roasted vegetables, spinach rice and steamed vegetables, veggie jambalaya and many others. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-11:00pm.

Categories: American, International, Western, European, Fusion, Cajun, Non-veg

First Review by Yuliya

Best food in Kathmandu! - Edit

Went here on a recommendation of a friend and I'm so glad I did. Without a doubt the best veg food I tasted while I was in Nepal. Huge portions, lots of variety and something different to the usual momos and dal bhat. How they managed to get that smoky flavour and almost barbecued lamb chop taste in their tofu fassalakai I will never know, but I am still fantasizing about it. Jambalaya was also spot on. Highly recommend - would give 5 stars if I could.

Pros: Fantastic food, Huge portions

try Ratotouille - Edit

I added this restaurant to the list only because after one month in Nepal, most of it in the mountains with few food problems it was just simply nice to have Ratatouille and vegan burger and huge bowl of green salad and other continental food. So for those who had enough of Mo-mo-S and Dal Bats, no I don't underestimate local cousin, here is one more suggestion in Thamel. Good food but be very clear with waiters, if you want salad without cheese make sure to articulate it.

Return to Kathmandu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Orleans Café & Wine Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.