New Moon

Contact 01539-729254

129 Highgate, Kendal, England, LA9 4EN

Serves meat, vegan options available. If you book in advance, the restaurant will provide a separate vegan menu or a separate vegetarian menu; otherwise the regular menu is primarily meat based. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, Tue-Sat 6:00pm-9:00pm. Tues-Sat closes for lunch at 2:15pm. Sat closes for dinner at 9:15pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by ejthiggs

Just Great! - Edit

Very nice harmonic atmosphere. We were sitting upstairs. Besides the normal menu, they have a special vegetarian menu. As a starter I had a soup (which is always vegetarian) which was very good! As a main course I had a tart of beetroot and something else I forgot, but it tasted very well. It also looked very good. The potatoes very also quite nice and the salat had a sauce, that was nice. In general, I would go there again!

Pros: Atmosphere , Service , Taste

Great risotto - Edit

Smart place that can cater for vegans. The manager offered me a risotto, which didn't sound too interesting, but when it arrived it was one of the best risottos I'd had in ages; flavours were sophisticated and texture was just right. I couldn't have any of the desserts, but you can't have everything. The toilet opens right off the seating area, which is a bit embarrassing.

Pros: Helpful staff, tasteful décor, great risotto

Cons: No vegan desserts when I was there

Good for eating out with non-veggies - Edit

I'm vegan and I ate here with a group of 3 omnivores and 2 vegetarians on 22nd Dec 2011. I was provided with a vegan menu which presented 3 starter options and 3 main courses - but there was only 1 vegan dessert, which was sorbet. I was really pleased that the restaurant would make such an effort to accommodate vegans, as this hasn't been my experience in any other non-veg restaurtant! They were also very accommodating of other dietary needs (avoidance of shellfish). My food was very enjoyable, but not spectacular. I had a pear & walnut salad to start (which in my opinion would have benefitted from more walnuts) followed by a mushroom risotto (which was just right). The lacto-ovo veggies had the pear & walnut salad with goat's cheese, a tomatoey cheesey linguine pasta, and an aubergine/mozzarella bake. The service was very good.

Pros: central location, nice decor, very vegan friendly

Cons: a bit pricey, split over 2 levels, veggie options are cheese heavy

Return to Kendal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Moon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1348 times since Dec 2011.