First Review by GrantRie

Best Food I ate in Nepal - Edit

You want to eat authentic Nepali food in a place where locals eat, too? Then Marwadi is the place for you. Located at Lakeside Pokhara it is very close but not centre of the tourist area. We have been to Pokhara in 2014 and 2015 and have eaten there nearly every day that we spent in the town. Every dish was delicious - we have nowhere eaten tastier food in Nepal!

Keep in mind that Marwadi is vegetarian not vegan. When ordering a Thali, take your time to explain that you don't want any yoghurt or lassi like dishes. Let the waiter show you on the menu what is part of the Thali or your dish and ask if it contains milk, eggs, or butter. This has worked very well for us.
The chef at Marwadi prepared the dishes spicy - no problem fir locals or people who like to eat spicy food (and I mean real spicy by Asian/Indian not European standards). If you can't eat too spicy, let the waiter know in advance.

great food great price - Edit

What more can I say than the title. Sadly toilets were bad, but that is common in Nepal. But for the toilets it is five star for its price range. Should be listed as a $ not a $$.

Pros: very tasty Indian food, very good price, friendly and lots of locals eating there

Cons: toilets not so good, not much English, but this is Nepal

Return to Pokhara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Marwadi Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.