First Review by Absolutroyalt

They Need Our Support - Edit

New Life is a beacon of hope in a neighborhood filled with fast food joints, and broken spirits. It is the only Vegan/Vegetarian place to eat in the Lawndale community.It has been around in the community for many years and is a family run operation. If you look past the exterior, go inside and talk to the folks that own it, spend time there, and enjoy healthy food there you will find great service, yummy food, and people who care about the Earth's inhabitants.They close early, so go for breakfast or lunch. The grits, fresh cut fires, and black eyed peas are great!

Pros: friendly staff, great vegan options, good value

Cons: older building

I agree with the last reviewer... - Edit

I feel really bad in saying this because the lady working there was EXTREMELY NICE and friendly, but I agree with the review below. I did go in and gave it a chance and I will say this is the first time I've chosen not to eat a Vegetarian place that I drove out of my way for. This is not the best area in town either; my neighbor was shocked when I told him I went by myself.

:( - Edit

Okay just walk past this "restaurant " and you'll see why even One Star is tooo many. Believe it or not inside is even more dingy and rank ! The only reason I went in was out of sheer disbelife that it could possibly be as bad as it looked walking past. I mean I'd think they'd be out of business if it was. Well you know that saying "never judge a book by it's cover" ... Think it counts if the books cover is soo dirty from the contents inside it can barely be seen for anything else than what it is?
If your ever in the neighborhood and happen to find yourself strolling past those bar covered broken grimmy broken glass doors. RUN! And keep running don't look back.

Pros: lol

Cons: Seriously too many :P

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Life Health Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1365 times since Aug 2007.