First Review by Mimi710

New Frontiers - Edit

I liked New Frontiers. They had a deli section with many vegan options! And all the vegan deli items were quite tasty. The prices weren't bad at all and I certainly appreciated all the options. I go back to NF if I return to the area.

I used to love this place - Edit

They had these killer vegan tamales. Then they just stopped carrying them.
They do have a lot of veg frozen foods. But way to much of that quarn brand. I hate the quarn brand because of how misleading it is. It never states that it is NOT VEGAN. But other than that it's pretty good. Very accommodating deli. Clean store too.

Pros: vegan frozen foods, some vegan stuff in the deli

Cons: no vegan tamales anymore

super suprised to see bad reviews - Edit

I was just here a little over a month ago and the place is great, its a large health food store. I was confused at first where the door was (around back) but you can get kombucha, vegan items, you name it, its a clean and brand new supermarket. Hard to beat!

Not organic at all, overpriced and rude - Edit

Posted on: Sunday, May 15, 2011
"NOT ORGANIC!!! EXPENSIVE! WORST customer service"

Local veggiegal
My Rating:
Pros: Organic, overpriced produce * *
Cons: Old sawmill property=BENZENE everywhere! * Unbelievably rude employees. Some smell bad * Empty calories, save your $$$! OVERPRICED!!!
Review: The deli, bakery an who knows what else is NOT ORGANIC!!!!!! Not to mention how I recently watched a supervisor shoplift and then gobble down her winnings right in front of me!!! Beth had the audacity to ask me why I still shop there as I hastily bagged my own $200 worth of groceris as she moved on to the next customer. The dell HAS NO LOVE!! The employees have the lowest work ethics I have ever seen, I now shop in Phoenix and online..... Sure wish Whole Foods would come to FLG!

Pros: Some Mexico versions of organic

Cons: Old sawmill property=riddled w benzene!, Deli, bakery and salad bar are not organic, Overly expensive and worst customer servic

No Organic Food In The New Frontiers Deli - Edit

I am very sad to say that the food in the deli at the New Frontiers in Flagstaff is not organic. :( Now to be fair, they never have claimed that their deli and salad bar food is organic, I made that assumption on my own. However, it seems that since everything else in their store is organic (most everything) you would think that their own deli, salad bar, bakery, and pre-packed deli food would be, too.

Pros: Wide selection, Organic produce

Cons: Misleading the public, Non-organic deli, Over priced

Whole Foods of Flagstaff - Edit

Since moving to its new location New Frontiers very much feels like a Whole Foods. Some items went up in price and other items have remained the same. Overall the store is expensive but there are deals here too. They have a large deli which always has some vegan options. Try the kale salad while you are there. Also, their tofu chocolate cheesecake is amazing. And this is definetly the place to go for your organic apples and Earth Balance. I like New Frontiers even if I don't go there as much as I used to.

Pros: selection, the kale salad in the deli

Cons: pricy, new location not as fun to walk to

Return to Flagstaff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3679 times since Aug 2007.