First Review by earth_sista

Great salad bar - Edit

I was not expecting to find a large chain health food store in Sedona! I was glad to have the salad bar because there weren't any other restaurants in town that were really of interest to me. There is both inside and outside seating for eating here and you can get food from the prepared foods counter as well. Both the salad bar and the prepared foods counter had dishes to use for eating on premises, which I really LOVED! I hate disposables. They had a nice selection of veggies and lettuces, as well as rice, beans and cooked grains. They also had quite a selection of vegan dressings, including many oil free options, plus many vinegars, oils, liquid aminos, soy sauce, and even nutritional yeast to sprinkle on top! I was a happy lady. My large salad cost $8 and my husband got an even larger one for $9, a great deal compared to going out! As for the rest of the store, it is small, but they pack it in, it's well stocked.

Wide grocery selection, disappointing deli - Edit

Given the town's rather small population, it was really nice to find a decent-sized health food store. They had a wide selection of groceries, comparable to that of a Whole Foods. The salad bar, though, didn't have much to offer besides the regular greens and add-ins. Same as the deli, just a few options and none of them looked too inviting. That said, we did get the daily special from the café for dinner. Only $7.99 got us a huge plate of sweet coconut veggie curry with tofu/chicken on a bed of brown rice. My tofu was pretty good and I thought it was tasty enough for the price, but my partner said his chicken was dry and tasteless like cardboard. So I would suggest just stocking up on travel supplies here and go eat somewhere else.

Pros: selection

Cons: salad bar/deli variety

What an amazing store! - Edit

This place has everything a vegan could ever want! They have tofu tempeh and Seitan, nondairy yogurts, cream cheeses and sour creams, and a variety of nuts milks, mock-meats and so much more. Their produce is organic and fresh. The stories nicely laid out and very clean. Definitely a place for vegans in town to shop and stock up.
Updated from previous review on Monday March 25, 2013

Pros: Great variety of vegan food

love love love this store! - Edit

Everytime we visit Sedona, it is a must to stop here. The store is just beautiful, vegan baked goods are yummy (try the macaroons!). They have more new products than our whole foods in Tucson does! The store is right next to a great cafe called Ravenheart. Beside them is a place called Pita Fresh that is next on our hit list!

Pros: great food, great vegan baked goods, great location

Great Store - Edit

Great store for all your health food needs. You can also pick up some delicious fresh foods in the prepared foods section for a picnic or the road. The juice bar has a good variety of blends and smoothies. We found the build your own hot oatmeal bar which is probably a nice option to start your day. You will find a lot of hard-to-find raw food products from all over the US. We'll be back!

Return to Sedona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1830 times since Aug 2007.