New Earth Health Cafe

Contact 805-592-2450

942 Chorro St, San Luis Obispo, California, USA, 93401

Opened Jan 2014, this is a health food cafe and juice bar that takes the food-as-medicine approach. Offers light, raw food and specializes in making coconut kefir yoghurt, which is served as shots, made into cheese, and also in a bread. Everything is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and non-gmo. Has a small retail area selling products like protein powders, walnut parmesan, and herbs. The owners are knowledgeable about making fermented food. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by promwall

Amazing - Edit

This place is amazing. We tried a lot of what was on the menu, and it was all spectacular. Perhaps a little on the expensive side, but a lot of effort goes into making their own vegan cheeses and breads and it is all absolutely worth it. I wish I lived closer so I could come here more often.

No Bang For Your Buck - Edit

My boy friend and I have been here a couple times. The first time we ordered their "burger" which was just a tiny disc of oats and came with a good sized salad. We weren't impressed with their burger but the soup was amazing. The second time we went for lunch wanting the soup. They didn't have any soup available, even the other soups on the menu. So we decided on an open face sandwich each. This came with two tiny thin slices of bread with some spread and two tiny thinly sliced peppers. The salad ,again, was much bigger. Needless to say, $19 later we were still hungry. We're college students so spending that much money on a meal was a big deal for us. So if you have a small appetite but love spending money, this place is the place for you.

Pros: Delicious Soup, Mostly All Raw

Cons: Expensive, Small Portions

Food as Medicine - Edit

I had read about this place on HappyCow and was in town (June 2014), so I went in for a look. Here's my New Earth Health Cafe review.

The space is very relaxed and inviting. The owners are super knowledgeable about food and herbs. To get to the cafe you have to walk up the street away from the main part of downtown, just for a couple minutes.

In the fridge are bottles of coconut kefir drniks alongside prepared vegan & mostly raw meals, including an open-face sandwich with side salad where the bread is infused with coconut kefir as well the raw cheese on top - delicious. We also tried the fresh veggie rolls with salad and that was yummy, too. The acai bowl with berries and house-made sprouted granola was refreshing.

The food all tasted light and nourishing. I would definitely return the next time I'm in San Luis Obispo.

Pros: vibrant, healing, relaxed

Clean and Friendly - Edit

A great new addition to the healthy scene in downtown San Luis Obispo. Not an extensive menu but plenty of juices and smoothies. I had an open-faced sandwich vegetable sandwich with avocado on kaffir bread that was delicious. A daily soup is available and salads are prepped and ready in a stand-up refrigerator case.
There are several tables and a bookcase with a lot of health related information available.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice clean, bright, new atmosphere, Prices are very reasonable

Return to San Luis Obispo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Earth Health Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.