New Chinatown

Contact 205-251-2373

1020 20th St S, Birmingham, Alabama, USA, 35205

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers many vegetarian selections including sesame tofu, mongolian tofu, broccoli with garlic sauce, vegetarian hot and sour soup, veg spring rolls and veg. dumplings. They do different types of soy protein to match the dish.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Ellen Kovalsky

Many Choices - Edit

Had many vegetarian/vegan options on menu. The flavors weren't quite as complex compared to PF Changs, but I also did NOT find meat bits in my food like I have a few times at PF Changs. Restaurant could use an update on the interior. It smelled like a musty old building.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 15, 2016

Pros: Friendly Staff, Large Portions, Many Menu Choices

Cons: Limited Parking Downtown, Flavors Could Be Improved, Building Had Funky Smell

Excellent vegetarian options - Edit

Being new to the Birmingham area, I was pretty clueless as to what restaurants had acceptable vegetarian options. I actually had read a positive review on New China Town and decided to give it a try. The staff was extremely friendly and doted on my husband, 3 year old son, and me during our entire visit. I ordered the hot & sour soup (vegetarian!) and moo shu tofu and my husband had the vegetarian mongolian "chicken". My son was happy with the rice. Everything was excellent. Actually, it was some of the best chinese food I have ever tasted. My husband who is not quite a vegetarian has returned numerous times on his own for the mongolian "chicken". There were so many vegetarian/vegan options on the menu. I have been there several times since and plan to try everything in the vegetarian section of the menu.

Pros: many vegetarian options, friendly staff, very reasonably priced

Cons: closed on Sundays

Return to Birmingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Chinatown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1628 times since Aug 2007.