Bodai Vegetarian

• Vegetarian
Contact 718-939-1188

59-08 Main St (at Queens), Flushing, New York, USA, 11355

The chef and owner has long time experience in vegetarian restaurant operation. This is Cantonese style based Chinese American vegetarian food.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Kosher

First Review by tltd70

Not a clean place to eat - Edit

I had been to this place so many times but I guess today would be my last time here. serving dishes we not properly cleaned, it had a pink residue on them. Food is not good either. I guess either they have changed their chef recently or they just don't care anymore. I had lomein and it was burnt and to oily. Usually there fried dumplings are good but today they were totally uncooked and raw. I felt like I wasted my money today by going to this place. I would never come to this place anymore. I would rather give them 0 star for today.

Cons: Expensive, not clean.

In the Buddha Bodai tradition - Edit

The food is what I expect from a Chinese vegetarian restaurant. The menu is similar to the other Bodai's. We had some of our favorites here: sauteed pea pod leaves, taro fish, braised tofu skin and vegetarian mushroom duck. The dishes were excellent. An enjoyable dinner.

Good - Edit

The food is good - but I don't find it to be particularly amazing. With that said - I find Vegetarian Chinese food to be the most - obvious/typical - of the vegetarian food you can get - because of the tofu and everything.

But it's still good.

Also, if you go there when it's packed the customer service kind of fails.

Pros: Good food, Pickup, Stays open fairly late

Cons: Boring, Sometimes suffers from bad service

Love This Place! - Edit

If you're in Queens or Nassau County in Long Island, go here! Delicious food, and mostly vegan; cannot emphasize enough what a huge selection there is on the menu for vegans! I recommend the stir-fried turnip cake, wonton soup, sticky rice in bamboo leaf, and watercress dumplings. I always come here several times when I'm in the area.

Pros: Huge selection for vegans, Delicious food, Excellent service

Cons: Can be hard to find parking

New location, same delicious food! - Edit

This place used to be located further down Main Street, and was the Queens location of Buddhai Bodhai. It has pretty good dim sum until 4pm, and their other dishes are a treat as well. I especially enjoy the lettuce song, which is a fake meat and pine nut mixture wrapped in a lettuce leaf with hoisin sauce. The taro bowl and the BBQ "meats" are good as well. For really good pork buns, though, I would recommend Vegetarian Dim Sum House on Pell Street, in Manhattan, which is a block or two away from the Chinatown Buddha Bodhai location.

Adventurous AND Affordable - Edit

The cuisine was a bit different than most Chinese veggie places, but it was clearly authentic. Tasty choices, albeit the faux fish was not to my liking. Fed three for under $50.

Pros: Large portions, Very friendly staff, Good food

Cons: NYC "B" rating, Spicy was not so spicy

Newer stuff new staff - Edit

Food is authentic Cantonese with dim sum til afternoon. I like the new location much better although there's no parking and a little far from the train. Staff seems nicer, food seems taste better cook with less oil. Definitely worth the trip and I will be there again soon!

Pros: authentic, dim sum til 3:30

Cons: street parking, smaller

Return to Flushing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bodai Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2018 times since Apr 2012.