First Review by tantan

Cute, retro & super tasty! - Edit

Great coffee, nice staff, love the pb & j smoothie. Good burgers, great salads - I love the retro decor. Make sure you get there before 2pm if you want lunch, as the kitchen closes around then, even tho the cafe is open til 3.

Not 100% vegan - Edit

99% raw vegan cafe, away from the main roads, very quiet, staff were friendly and accommodating providing a high-chair for the little one, very healthy and yummy foods, downside was having to pay extra for a milk alternative in my coffee

Pros: friendly healthy

Cons: expensive had to pay extra for milk alternative

Great healthy food! - Edit

Lovely little raw food cafe. serves wonderful nutritious vegan food. Quirky decor. Great variety of creative raw meals, fresh juices, hot drinks and non raw-food. There are also options to take away.

Pros: Healthy, Variety, Quiet location

Cons: Expensive, inconsistent portion sizes, Serve cows milk (makes no sense), Hit and miss with the friendliness of the staff

Raw Vegan Food - Edit

This place always seem so quiet, which is a shame as the food was lovely. Would love to see it bustling with lots of happy vegans. I had the Burger and my partner had the BLT. Delicious, could have had more, so portion sizes could be bigger, not sure if it was high in fat, but still delicious. Oh and would love to see them not have cows milk as an option, would have forced my Omni partner into trying a milk alternative.

Pros: yummy, great venue, raw

Cons: quiet, suspect high in fat, smaller portions

Cute little place in Croydon - Edit

We visited this place for lunch on the weekend, close to closing time, so some of the menu items weren't available. After sitting down and seeing the price of the mains ($16) I was somewhat tempted to leave and go to Let Them Eat a few blocks away, which does a hearty lunch for about $12. I can't help it, I'm into good value. But I'd been wanting to try this place for a while, so we stuck around and I ordered the BLT, and my boyfriend ordered the zucchini spaghetti and meatballs.

When the food first came out, I thought we'd probably both still be hungry afterwards, but it was surprisingly satisfying. The BLT consisted of some sort of seed/grain base, topped with lettuce, rocket and mayo and bits of shaved coconut. The zucchini spaghetti and meatballs was slightly more substantial, so I didn't feel too bad about helping myself to samples off my boyfriend's plate. The spaghetti was spiralised zucchini, the meatballs tasted like sundried tomatoes, and there were a few different pastes on the side (one was pesto, I forget the others already). It seemed like super healthy food, but there was a lot of flavour to it.

Overall, we were pretty happy with this place. It has a nice cosy vibe (it is very quiet though - maybe some background music would be a good idea), it's on a quietish street, and although the menu is on the small side, I guess it makes it easy to decide on what to eat. I'd eat here again for sure, but because I found it to be on the pricey side, we held back from buying drinks and shared a dessert rather than have one each.

Pros: tasty food, felt very healthy eating it

Cons: pricey, limited menu

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nettle Raw Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3636 times since Aug 2013.