Nepal's Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 970-577-7035

184 E Elkhorn Ave (at MacGregor Ave), Estes Park, Colorado, USA, 80517

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nepali restaurant offering some vegetarian entrees for main courses, plus standard Indian appetizers like naan, samosa, and pakora. Vegans to inquire about dairy use.On the River Walk.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by smasheasy

Probably the best bet in the area - Edit

Came here for dinner with my partner. Menu has a large vegetarian section but no clear indication of vegan items. Look for those without "creamy" in the description and you should be good. Avoid paneer too if you're not familiar with the Indian cuisine. If in doubt, ask the staff, who seems knowledgeable. The vegetable momos are also vegan and delicious. So is the naan, just make sure to ask for no butter. I especially liked how light and non-greasy the food was compared to its Indian counterparts. A thoroughly enjoyable meal overall.

Pros: great food, not greasy

Excellent - Edit

Great fond in Estes Park. The buffet had 2 vegan options, a curry and a potato dish. The sauces gave it some kick too. Went back more than once :-)

Pros: Flavor, Ambiance, Vegan Options

Nepalese Curry Really Good - Edit

This place has several vegetarian curries. The waiter asked if I wanted creamy or not. When I made it clear that I was vegan, he understood. The garbanzo bean curry and Nepal curry both were delicious. Warning: non bread is buttered but I bet they will serve without.

Pros: Tasty, Unique

Cons: Watch For "Creamy" dishes

Great find in Estes Park - Edit

My wife and I ate here last week and it was wonderful. Nice little restaurant, great service, but the food was spot on. We are vegan and finding a good vegan meal in the mountains is a challenge. Nepal's Cafe is family run by folks from Nepal, and the food shows it. We had curry vegetables with rice and garlic naan. Everything was fresh and the naan was maybe the best we have had in the states! The menu has many vegan possibilities and we will return for sure. Give them a try.

Pros: Food quality, Vegan selections, Price

Very good Veg option in Estes Park - Edit

I have really enjoyed Nepal's Cafe the two times I've been to Estes Park. The Himalayan cuisine is really good, with lots of vegetarian and vegan options, along with some meat for your carnivorous family and friends. Small place, no A/C, but along the river walk, so it's not terribly crowded. Recommended, for sure, if you're in the neighborhood.

Pros: Lots of Vegan/Veg options, Small, family-owned/operated, Location

Cons: no A/C for hot days

Return to Estes Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nepal's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2498 times since Jun 2011.