First Review by freeprincebandar

Essen ist ok. Etwas schmuddelig - Edit

Wir waren zu zweit dort. Meine Schwester hat Thali bestellt und ich wollte vegetarisches Curry. Leider kam nur das Thali. Ich bekam lediglich Reis und zwei winzige Schüsseln mit Salat und etwas Bohnen. Hierfür sollte ich 2500 zahlen. Nach ein paar Diskussionen wurden der Preis auf 2000 reduziert. Immer noch zu viel. Wir fühlten uns übers Ohr gehauen. Versifft ist es obendrein

Pros: Eher indische als Nepalesische Küche.

Cons: Schmutzig. Abzocke

Good experience - Edit

I noticed that this restaurant got mixed reviews. I ordered the potato paratha. It was a large onion and potato filled paratha served with five small dishes: a soup, dall, broccoli (I think), tamarind sauce, Everything was served very hot. I had to wait a few minutes before I could touch the paratha. It was much more than I could eat. I thought it was pretty tasty. The service is less than enthusiastic. I didn't think the place was particularly dirty, but I didn't come at a busy time (about 5PM). The price was right, about $2. I didn't get sick (one review reported this problem). It is easy to find.

Pros: cheap, tasty, easy to find

Cons: not wonderful ambiance, not particularly friendly, not great service

Dirty place, cold food: don't eat there! - Edit

We came to this restaurant because suggested by some travelers. Well... Horrible experience. The place is dirty, too dirty. There was rubbish under the table. We wanted to order, but there were only kids in the restaurant! So I called their mother. She eventually came. We ordered two dishes, but they were served (by the kids) cold. A cold soup is just awful. Cold food, dirty place, unfriendly people. I don't recommend it.

Pros: none

Cons: cold food , dirty place , unfriendly people

Very tasty food, big portions and cheap! - Edit

We came here on our first night in Mandalay and would come back again. We had the Daal Paratha and the Thali, they kept refilling our plates. The lassi was very good too. Our waiter spoke very good English.

Pros: Big portions, very flavourful.

Sadly Disappointed - Edit

I went for lunch and had the thali. Most of the items were cold, and they gave rather small portions. If the food were sufficiently hot and the portions were bigger, it would've been OK. The menu was rather limited. At least I didn't get sick, unlike the other reviewer. Unfortunately, this neighborhood didn't have too many options as the 2 nearest Indian restaurants had mostly meat in the menu.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 12, 2015

Pros: vegetarian

Cons: mostly cold items in the thali, small portions, limited menu

Dirty Tasty Desi Food - Edit

We went there twice but got sick the second time. Food was quite good which led us to eat a lot which is what led us to get sick. Be warned the place is filthy. It's standard fare daal but very tasty. FYI you can buy a L bottle of water from the cold fridge for a good price and take it back to your hotel. Good flat breads.

Pros: tasty

Cons: detrimental to your health

Return to Mandalay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nepali Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1227 times since Sep 2007.