Nepali Kitchen and Coffee House

• Veg-friendly
Contact 541-994-3067

1826 NE Highway 101, Lincoln City, Oregon, USA, 97367

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu doesn't state which dishes are vegan, but the thali, momo, and veg curry are supposed to be vegan suitable - ask. Other vegetarians dishes could be made vegan upon request. Shares the same space with Collage, and you could order from either menu.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by eirefox

Awesome vegan food - just don't expect to be bowled over with friendly service - Edit

My husband and I went to Nepali Kitchen this morning for breakfast/brunch. I ordered the Alu Puri (which the owner confirmed to be vegan) off the breakfast menu, and it was delicious and comforting. The puri (fried bread, like roti) was soft yet crispy in parts. The alu (potato hash) was spiced perfectly, full of flavor, and delectably moist (not dry). The homemade "salsa" that came on the side was totally unexpected but equally delightful. Made with tomatoes, herbs, and garlic, it added a light, sweet, pickled flavor to the hash. I put the alu with the salsa on top of the puri and ate it in small portions like mini tacos. My husband (an omni) ordered a meat dish but liked the flavors and textures in my vegan meal much more.

The owner was very familiar with what "vegan" meant and pointed out several items on the menu that either were vegan or could easily be made so.

I can see why other reviewers would say that the owner was rude -- he seemed pretty gruff and standoffish when we came in. However, while we were eating, a friendly customer came in for a takeout order, and after a conversation with her about trekking through Nepal, the owner's demeanor completely changed: he became quite cheerful and laughed often during the rest of the time we were in the restaurant. He even joked with us about our water glasses when he stopped by our table to fill them up. And, as we were leaving, his lovely wife walked over from the cafe side of the building and gave us a huge smile and said, "Thank you for coming in! Have a great day!"

My food was excellent, and I would gladly eat here again, hands down. My advice for others would be simply not to come in expecting the standard American, bowl-you-over-with-kindness type of service.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-22

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Vegan breakfast options, Awesome selection of tea and coffee

so rude - Edit

Went in there kind of early but they were open and asked the guy if they were serving food and he seemed like I was really bothering him. At one point he came out of the kitchen in a very aggressive manner. I just left the restaurant. It was very bizarre.

Cons: staff

Good Place to Eat While at the Coast - Edit

A friend and I were at the coast for the night. We wanted to find a vegetarian restaurant. This is the next-best-place! The food was good. The price was right. No problem.

Pros: Affordable, Tasty, Clean

Cons: They serve meat besides vegetarian

Return to Lincoln City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nepali Kitchen and Coffee House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2476 times since Apr 2013.