First Review by gwild

The long road to nowhere - Edit

This company makes GREAT but not very readily available products. Took a road trip there today from Hamilton to Scarborough with another one of the vegan community arrived at 11 (their business hours on the website are 11-6). No one was there. Called the number, a fellow answered and said he is not coming in until 1:00, asked me why I did not call to make an appointment. Sadly, I could not wait until 1:00 so I did not get inside to rate the place… I can only rate the food which is excellent. Ability to do business is really low.
Just putting this out there so that others who are thinking about going will CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT FIRST before taking the drive there. Clearly business hours are not strictly adhered to.
You have to try their shitake chicken. YUMMY and easy to use.

Pros: Great products, Not too oily, decent prices

Cons: Closed during normal business hours, Not easily accessible, Products are infrequently available

frozen mock meat - Edit

Stopped by when we were in the area. The store carries frozen mock meats only. Based on location and appearance it they probably sell mainly to other restaurants and stores. I didn't buy anything as we had a long drive and no cooler.

Return to Scarborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nelakee Vegetarian Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1829 times since May 2012.