Nazim Indian Restaurant

856-023-511-214

33 Ban Sengsavang (at Main Rd), Vang Vieng, Laos

Serves meat, vegan options available. One of three of the Nazim restaurants in Laos. Same hours and menu as the other locations. This one is near Planet Cafe. Vegans need to specify as dairy is used. Open Mon-Sun lunch-dinner.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by msvegan

Underwhelming - Edit

Not bad, but not great. I had the chana masala with chapatti and it tasted ok and was filling. In all fairness the last curry I had was in India so I may be judging harshly. Owner got a bit annoyed when I paid with a 100k note but magically produced the change after a minute or so of whining and claiming that he didn't have it. Probably wouldn't go back.

Microwaved food - Edit

The worst Indian Restaurant I have ever been to.

I ordered the food and they brought it in 2 minutes. It was obvious straight away that they just microwaved it. Me and my friend ordered 2 different meals but they were just the same. The sauce was the same just in one meal was few beans and in another few pieces of tofu. The tofu was like chewing gum.

We paid the bill after having few bites and just left the place.

The staff was very rude and didn't seem to care about anything.

Avoid this place !

Pros: -

Cons: Rude staff, Bad food

Nothing special - Edit

Nothing to write home about. I would say this is the worst of any of the Nazim rest. Aside from one nice waitress the rest of the staff are rude. The owner/manager? really has the 'I dont give a damn' attitude going on.

They also use the exotic sauce known as ketchup for their samosas' and even worse are too lazy to make a proper chutney for their dosas;they give you a horribly salty mint chutney. Truly bizarre with all the coconuts available they cant take 3 minutes to make the proper sauce.

Depending on whom is cooking the food can be good, but, I also had burnt or undercooked veggies or dosas.

Pros: Veg options

Cons: Wrong sauces, Undercooked veggies, Rude staff

Return to Vang Vieng Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nazim Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.