Naveena Path

• Veg-friendly
Contact 030-24371238

Tegeler Str.22, Berlin-Wedding (at near U9 Amrumer Str.), Berlin, Germany, 13353

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tamil restaurant serving around 70% vegan and vegetarian dishes, clearly marked as such. Most dishes can be prepared vegan upon request. Special menu for students with dishes at around 4,50€. Has soya lassi. Daily vegan breakfast menu from Dec 2012. Brunch on Sundays. Will offer vegan buffets for birthdays and other occasions.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Sri Lankan, Non-veg

First Review by wildfang

Excellent, especially the vegan brunch - Edit

I went there with a group of friends and had a soup, the jackfruit curry and a vegan mango lassi. Everything was so incredibly delicious that we instantly decided to come back the next day for the vegan brunch (takes place on Sundays). The brunch buffet offered us even more choice with even more delicious food and the opportunity to eat as much as we wanted. Food heaven! Having been to India, I can confirm that the taste is absolutely authentic and my Indian friend agrees... but the food is mostly Sri Lankan/Tamil, so it does have its own unusual twist. Try it and love it!

Pros: Amazing mango lassi, Friendly staff, Authentic, incredibly delicious taste

Cons: Not completely vegan

delicious vegan brunch! - Edit

The vegan brunch is really nice. It was basically a selection of 6 curries along with rice and a variety of fried breads/dumplings (I don't know what they are called, sorry!) and a basic salad. The food was really delicious and spicy (warning: maybe it's not for you if you don't like spicy food!).

Good indian food - Edit

This place is interesting.

Tucked away in Wedding it's a little oasis of vegan indian food. Of course, not everything on the menu is vegan, but what is is clearly marked and there's a really large selection.

The mains are a bit pricey (especially considering the restaurant itself is not a particularly nice place to sit in). Thus, we opted to go for a serving of 2 samosas and one main with rice to share.

The samosas came very quickly, but were totally frozen on the inside! At this point I figured we'd made a bad mistake to waste 9€ on a main dish at this place. But when the main did eventually come it was some of the best and most interesting indian I've had in Berlin.

Anyone that lives here will know that good indian food is very hard to come by. Harder still when you want it vegan. So finding this place is very pleasing.

I would recommend it to anyone in the area. Still, I wish they would lower their prices a little bit. 8 - 10€ mains seems too pricey for this kind of restaurant (let's face it, it's a bit of a dive).

Pros: Good food

Cons: Too expensive, Atmosphere

Finest south Indian vegan food - Edit

I usually prefer supporting totally vegetarian or vegan restaurants but I make an exception here. The food quality is outstanding, the dishes true to original and the service very good. I can recommend the soya lassis.
For two people we paid 22€ including a soup, two main dishes, a vegan bathura bread and two big drinks.
The place is lacking some atmosphere but is located in a nice area.
The owner told us that everything can be prepared vegan upon request. He was very friendly and recommend something very tasty he thought was right for us. He also told us he would like to turn the place into a completely vegan restaurant if the demand is big enough - not sure if he just wanted to make us come back but his offer to prepare a vegan buffet for an upcoming birthday definitely sounded like he wants to do more for vegans.
A separate vegan menu card is to be introduced this year. I really hope they make the switch to becoming totally vegetarian soon.

Pros: delicious food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: lack of atmosphere

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Naveena Path closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1382 times since Apr 2011.