Japanese
Take-out
Asian
Fusion

Plant-based fusion restaurant merging different Asian cuisines in a fast-casual American style. Offers a variety of sushi rolls and bowls as well as snacks like tempura, loaded fries, and masubi. This branch opened 2021 in Old Towne. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Venue map for Naughty Vegan Panda
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by AndraCarlson

kryptonitewhale

Points +240

07 Feb 2024

Go-to Vegan Takeout

I can’t believe I was sleeping on this place! Incredible food- favorites are the Katsu chicken combo plate, orange chicken bowl, and veggeta roll. And the fries 🤩. It’s a little expensive but totally worth it - and they have a good rewards system. I wish I could eat here every day!

ChelaLandau

Points +1420

01 Jan 2024

Addictive. Family run vegan restaurant.

So I got into an actual argument with my husband when I was trying to deny him his Spicy Korean Fried cauliflower bowl. Mind you, I wasn't trying to deny him because I was being mean, it just did not fit into the schedule, and was going to make us late for a doctors appointment.
I know that none of this has anything to do with how good they are but it just goes to show you that it is food worth fighting over, it is so delicious. It is a small hole in the wall little establishment, we usually get it to go to eat in the comfort of our own home although they do have a few tables . I absolutely love the teriyaki chicken (reminder, they are all vegan).  #Veganuary

briley

Points +102

28 Dec 2023

great vegan food!

i got the orange cauliflower bowl and it was SO GOOD! it came with white rice, the fried cauliflower with orange sauce, broccoli, and carrots (but i got extra broccoli instead of carrots). a little pricey but worth it since i don’t come often.
edit: the orange cauliflower on fries is so so good highly recommend

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-23

Pros: all vegan, lots of options, big portions

Cons: pricey

ScottCline

Points +2673

14 Dec 2023

Delicious

I had the Naruto Roll and Red Gyarados Rolls. Super delicious, super fresh, great!

Pros: Fresh and delicious, 100% vegan, Friendly staff

Cons: Just a few seats and one table to sit

hypercubes

Points +480

16 Nov 2023

Great

Had the chicken katsu, the sweet potato roll, and the avocado & cucumber roll. Everything was great! The chicken katsu was very crispy and flavorful. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the macaroni salad.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-16

FrancieC

Points +158

28 Oct 2023

Incredible menu

Contactless ordering process, menu is unique and amazing. The food was absolutely delicious. Staff was very friendly..

Pros: Unique menu, Delicious food, Friendly

Gabeal

Points +25

Vegetarian
29 Sep 2023

Really good

I have liked everything I have had here. My favorites are the orange cauliflower bowl, the SUMO burrito, the super saiyan roll and the naughty burger w/fries.

BeauButton

Points +42

18 Sep 2023

Mind blowing

Jalapeno poppers are to die for.

dkorduner

Points +74

12 Sep 2023

Great vegan sushi and Korean fusion

This place is tiny but the food is fresh, delicious, and very filling (carb heavy with all the rice and fries depending on what you order). I took my son and a friend who must eat gluten and dairy free and they both loved it. Perfect spot to grab some food before a UCLA football game or other event in Pasadena.

Pros: Jalapeño poppers!!! (not GF), Sushi burrito (GF), Hot chicken sando (messy)

happyfeetadan

Points +261

04 Sep 2023

Flavorful Asian fusion

The food was great. I got the bbq beef bowl and mint chia pineapple agua fresca. The bowl was substantial, almost 2 servings. The drink was ok with chunks of mint and pineapple, but it tasted more of stevia than pineapple. Either way, refreshing.

nicolecarnevale

Points +245

30 Aug 2023

Orange cauliflower bowl!

I think the orange cauliflower bowl was awesome and reminiscent of an orange chicken bowl, the fries were okay. I wish they had a tofu option on the menu, as not all vegans love the fake meat options.

Cons: Seating

clamchow

Points +931

07 Aug 2023

Some items are so good

Came here twice. Some items are okay but some are so delicious. My favorite was the beef fries.

goveganalways

Points +44

21 Jul 2023

Huge portions, GREAT food!!!

Outstanding food, huge portions. Be prepared. If you get the bowl combo, you will have a lot of food! Lol highly recommend this place, friendly staff, and very tasty.

heathenvegan

Points +732

26 Jun 2023

Can’t go wrong

Foods F#*kin amazing! If I worked or lived near this place I’d be here everyday!!

Pros: Amazingly delicious food, All vegan

Cons: No free parking, Very little seating inside establishment

ColetteBartel

Points +58

20 Jun 2023

Yummmyyyy so many options

I haven’t even finished eating but I know this a 5 star meal. Super yummy, so many vegan fish options, great service. No places to sit and eat but go here and get some great takeout.

Breah

Points +447

19 Jun 2023

Great vegan sushi spot

All vegan sushi joint. Order at a kiosk for takeout or dine in, although not much seating space inside. We loved the super saiyan crunch roll, but the veggeta was a bit disappointing. Very thinly sliced and not as much asparagus and sweet potato flavor as we were hoping for. The shrimp handroll was pretty good, but light on the shrimps. Overall good and would come back to try the bowls.

Pros: All vegan , Rolls, bowls, and more

mOscar2u

Points +948

Mostly Veg
26 May 2023

A break from CrossFit

Attending the CrossFit No. American West Semifinals in Pasadena. Decided to check HC for vegan eateries in the area and settled on Naughty Vegan. Close walk from the Pasadena Convention Center and has great options!
I settled on their Surf & Turf Bowl. So filling and great flavors. 🍲🥢😋

Pros: Vegan menu, Great options , Nearby

Cons: Dunno 🤷🏽‍♂️

PaulAtreides

Points +749

20 May 2023

Over the top naughtyness

This place is bananas. It lives up to its name, everything is deep fried, smothered with decadent sauces, it's extremely naughty in all the best ways. I got a sushi burrito that was deep fried, tempura'd, and it was the best sushi burrito I've ever had.

Pros: Naughty naughty naughty vegan food, Delicious and over the top, Fast service

gbendes

Points +130

12 May 2023

Wow!

This was probably the best “Japanese/Chinese” style Asian vegan food I’ve ever had.

Alyssa.Rosa

Points +118

12 Apr 2023

An obsession

When I worked nearby I would treat myself this often despite the difficulty of parking and walking over. It’s a crowded area so I had to park a bit away so sort of annoying after work but it could also be enjoyable. The jalapeño poppers are great and I figured which rolls were my favorite. Yum! I love vegan sushi.

Pros: Vegan & gluten free

Cons: Area can be difficult to get to

nataleaf

Points +23

07 Apr 2023

Best vegan sushi

I love this place and stop by almost every time I’m in Pasadena, which is often. You won’t regret it. Only downside is they have one table that fits 4 and about 4 more seats in a “bar” type of seating arrangement. But I don’t care I will walk and eat their food it’s so good!😄

Cons: Not much seating

petey_eff

Points +68

Vegetarian
03 Apr 2023

yay :)

this place is so fun. there are some really innovative options that mimic the flavors and textures of regular sushi. i especially enjoyed the sushi burrito and sakura's sweet potato roll. a satisfying treat for vegans, and a great place to bring non-vegan sushi-lovers to.

Pros: you don't miss the fish, affordable for vegan sushi in the area

Cons: only garage parking (no street), very limited dine-in seating

marriedavegan

Points +410

Mostly Veg
29 Mar 2023

Super Tasty

Nice little spot in Pasadena. Went for lunch and sat outside. Food was very very good. The tempura jalapeño poppers were great, jackfruit works well here. My wife got the chikn katsu plate, yummy. Super crispy and macaroni salad was nice. I got the combo with a teriyaki chikn bowl and wizard king sushi. Bowl were excellent, the chikn was crispy and chewy but not rubbery. The sushi was amazing, I need to go back to try more. They also have bahn mi sandwiches and burgers and lots of loaded fries I want to try. Definitely coming back. Also right near a convenient parking structure but they don’t validate.

Pros: Delicious , Eclectic mix of foods, Friendly staff.

Cons: Pricy but no worse than other vegan places in LA, Tiny indoor seating, nice outdoor nearby

nobuddyknows

Points +333

23 Feb 2023

Go to spot in Old Town Pasadena

Whenever I need some food in Old Town Pasadena, I usually get some take out from Naught Vegan Panda. I enjoy the different options they have from rice bowls, sushi, burgers, and fries. I really enjoy their katsu.

Pros: Usually pretty quick , Free parking garage for quick pick ups

laura_e_vegan

Points +1204

13 Feb 2023

Just awesome

Oh. My. Goodness. Absolutely delicious food. My non-vegan friends adored it as well. I’ll eat here again for sure next time I’m in Pasadena.

jbohrer60

Points +387

07 Feb 2023

Yummy but pricey

The food was the bomb but I wasn’t thrilled about the lack of inside seating and the order your own food on a screen set up. I got the Bowl & Roll combo and I was apprehensive at it’s $25 price (!) but the portions were big and I took a lot of it to go. The food was great but if you’re looking for ambience, go someplace else for sure. The people were really friendly.
If I lived in Pasadena I could see myself ordering from her quite a bit.

Pros: Delicious food, Fast service

Cons: Expensive, Lack of inside seating, Self serve ordering

hawaiianhart

Points +100

30 Dec 2022

Small and mighty good

My daughter and I found this place on Happy Cow and it was really good. Our favorite was the Crispy Korean Chicken Sandwich and I had the Super Saiyan Crunch Roll. Staff is great I would definitely reccomwnt and I would definitely go back 😋

Pros: Everything is vegan

Cons: Some stuff that is fried