First Review by AndyT

Chinese vegetarian place with some vegan options - Edit

Nature's Vegetarian in Petaling Jaya is a Chinese vegetarian restaurant with many options, including dim sum.

I could not successfully ascertain whether they are connected to Natures Vegetarian in Bangsar or Damansara, but they do have a similar menu and a similar concept.
However they are connected to the restaurant "Natures recipe" in the same street.

Having said that, on the one visit I had to this place, I got the impression that they are a rather average restaurant, not particularly good, but not bad either. They have a big menu with a lot of dishes, many of them with mock meat or fish options. However, they also do have a number of tofu and vegetable options (because with mock meat dishes, there is always the risk for vegans, that they might contain egg or dairy products, so I try to avoid them where possible).

The two dishes I sampled, the spicy tofu and the braised eggplant, were decent, but not particularly delicious. Communication with the waiter was a little difficult, I explained that I do not consume nonvegan products, and she confirmed that the dishes I had selected did not contain these. Of course, having a dedicated information on the menu whether the dishes are vegan would help here to make sure it does not depend on whether the waiter correctly understood you and whether s/he knows all the dishes very well. Being able to converse in Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese) might make this discussion easier.

The prices were average, and I could not identify whether they do have special dishes like lunch sets, so given the average quality my opinion is that the value for money could be better. If you go there with more people and have large dish sizes and share them, you might have a better experience.

My overall impression is that in downtown PJ, there are more attractive vegan/vegetarian options.

Pros: Food ok, Average prices

Cons: price/performance ratio could be better

Return to Petaling Jaya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2258 times since Sep 2009.