Nature's Health Food and Cafe

• Friend
  • Vegetarian
Contact 760-323-9487

555 S Sunrise Wy Ste 301, Palm Springs, California, USA, 92264

Health food market and vegetarian cafe with an organic juice bar and espresso bar. Has Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by tgoyak

Great Place to shop and eat! - Edit

We traveled to Palm Springs for a meeting and spent 4 days there. We went out of our way 4 separate times to eat at the small cafe inside the store and to shop. The menu is varied and is mostly Vegan. The owner had a very good knowledge of the health benefits of different foods and was touting his use of turmeric in one of there many fresh juices the make the first time we visited. All of the food is organic in the cafe!

Nice Place in Palm Springs - Edit

Not easy to find vegan food in Palm Springs. We had breakfast here - I had a nice tofu scrambler. The place is friendly and we will back on our next Palm Springs visit. Thanks happy cow.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 24, 2013: Came again this year for take out lunch and found that they use bread with honey, so I could not have any of their sandwiches but I did find another option. Next time we will check the items before we leave the store.

Pros: Great for breakfast

Cons: Limited vegan options

A welcoming oasis in Palm Springs - Edit

A welcoming oasis in Palm Springs. Not so much a cafe as a few tables in a health food shop, even so, there is a wide range of food on offer, both to eat in and take away. However, vegans be warned, the staff do not all know what veganism means. The first time we ate there we were assured both by the person taking our order and also the cook that the burgers we ordered were vegan; the second time we were told that the bread for them had honey in. Having managed to find vegan food throughout the US, including the deep south, it was somewhat disappointing to have been fed non-vegan food in a health shop.

Pros: Friendly, Quick Service

Good Range Of Food - Edit

A good range of vegetarian and vegan options here. Also have an extensive smoothie menu and grocery store as well. Food was tasty and the espresso date smoothie really delicious.

Pros: Long Menu, Open All Day, Store As Well

Great Times Two - Edit

If you are lucky, you will find a restaurant with either great food or great service. Tonight, I found both!

Gerald was the person behind the counter who took the order. He gave me suggestions based on his favorites. Prior to going Vegan, I loved chicken wings. So, I ordered the Vegan wings. Very tasty with some great sauces. I also ordered the hummus appetizer. Hummus was thick and tasty but the crackers were really good. I broke down and ordered the peanut butter parfait(as a vacation treat). Soooo good. I took most home so I can eat with blackberries. Even better! Also, Alex, the server, was friendly and welcoming from the moment I entered until I left.

I will be in Palm Springs 4 more nights before I return home to Seattle. I am sure to return before I leave. Maybe their returned Reuben or the southern "bisket" muffalletta.

More to come.

Pros: Chicken Wings, Gerald and Alex, Peanut Butter Parfait

Cons: Loud door, none, none

Great Health Food Store w/ Counter Service - Edit

I visited this little store while on a cross country trip and was quite surprised at how complete their regular stock of supplements and healthy snacks are! I tried the vegan BLT at the recommendation of another happy cow user and it was GREAT! On another visit, I also tried the chinese fried rice which was ok and a giant burrito wrap of some sort which was very good. Overall I would give this place a 5 rating since it's one of the only healthy places in the area, but I give it a 4 because they're so damn expensive! (Sorry guys). Service was very good too btw.

Pros: healthy snacks, take out food, supplements

Cons: expensive!

Kangan water - Edit

I've been in town visiting and going to this place daily, it's great! I did want to switch my mom over from bottled water (she lives here) to kangan alkaline water but boy are they charging an arm and a leg!! when one contracts with Kangan water machines, for one they are not supposed to charge for the water but rather try and sell people the machines! Now I was willing to pay something for the water, but how is this an incentive for people to switch from bottled water?

Pros: friendly staff, good selection at cafe

Cons: kangan prices

Highly recommended! - Edit

I'm not a Vegan or vegetarian BUT this place has healthy food for anyone's tastes. Try the BLT wrap w avocado and you'll swear it is real bacon (but it is soy!) and equal to / or better than any BLT you have ever had. The aray of stir frys, wraps, juices ( fresh made) smoothies, and entres is impressive. I have eaten there regularly now for over 1 1/2 years and haven't had a so-so or bad meal yet. This is a Palm Springs Jewel not to be missed. Also, while waiting for your food to be prepared brouse the wide array of vitamines, supplements and grocery items in the store. They have the best selection of top brand vitamins and supplements available in the valley. I Love it!

Pros: Excellent Food, GREAT service, Friendly Staff

Good food here - Edit

I got the teriyaki chicken meal and it was very good. It was "chicken" with mixed veggies and a big serving of brown rice. Tasty, and very healthy. They have a menu board on the wall above the kitchen area, but look at a menu to find out what the ingredients are in each item. Of the three vegetarian restaurants I've tried in the Palm Springs area, this one is my favorite.

Having said all that, 1.5 years ago the very same meal was only $7.50 and now it's $9.95. With inflation running at about 2% in the USA, I don't know how they can justify a 33% increase. So the food is excellent, but the value advantage isn't there any more. It's now the same price as the other veggie places in town. You can't get out of here for less than $10.

Pros: Excellent flavors, Location

A Diamond in the Desert - Edit

What a great place. What a fantastic menu. Lots of vegan-friendly options and the food all looks and smells so great.

We went shopping there this morning to get some provisions for our room as we're staying on vacation in Palm Springs for the next four days. I was impressed with their collection of raw and pre-packaged foods. I was, however, disappointed in the very low number of organic fruits and veggies available, though I realize that it might just be the day we came. (There were organic Grapefruits but the apples, oranges, bananas weren't organic.)

Still, I had the tofu scramble for breakfast and it was delicious. I tried the date shake and I will DEFINITELY be back over the next few days to have a few more. What a delicious, nutritious treat!

The Coachella valley needs more places like this.

Pros: Great menu, Tastey Food, Friendly staff

Cons: small produce selection

Amazing Cafe with out of this universe service - Edit

Its hardly ever that I come across a Veg restaurant that leaves such an amazing impression on me not just by the quality and attention to detail of the food, but of the service and how the business is run. There is NO TIPPING at Nature's HealthFood Cafe. The workers there perform like you've tipped them all $100. My guess is that the place is as amazing to work at as it is to eat at. We went there on three occasions and received over the top help and accommodation. The staff all know the menu, ingredients, cooking processes, even original sources of most of the produce like the back of their hands AND they are EXCITED about it. We were offered samples of fresh squeezed pomegranate juice, we could pay for items out of the grocery side and sub them into our meals and smoothies. The Vegan Burrito plate is something special. The beans are fresh (not out of a can) soaked, cooked with amazing seasonings. We were given extra salsa. I didn't leave a grain of rice on my plate... We saw the same level of service and recognition of other customers as well. I now need to jump to the date shakes! There is some process by which they prepare and freeze these dates that I can not recall as my mind was already overflowed with information on pomegranates & bean preparation, but the result is spectacular. Don't leave without a date shake. We even were able to grab our favorite low fat Soy Delicious Ice Cream out of the freeze and buy it and sub it for a discount into the shake making it the perfect healthy vegan treat! I'd ride my bike here daily for that shake! Prices are great, too! I can't rave enough about Nature's Healthfood & Palm Springs in general and what a friendly and lasting impression they made on us. We'll be back and will let everyone else know!

Pros: Date Shake, Best Employees I've ever encountered, Quality & integrity in the ingredients

Good Basics - Edit

Not sure how high the quality is of their foods, however they have a pretty good menu for such a small cafe. And the other veg places weren't open early enough for us. Had breakfast here, delicious tofu scramble breakfast burrito and juices.

Great place! - Edit

This place is just a short bike ride from downtown. We went here for breakfast twice during our stay. Both times we had the Tofu Scramble (which I believe was the only Vegan option for breakfast). One day it came with rice and the other day we got chips as a side. The burrito was very tasty and filling. The prices are a little high- for one burrito it was 6.50. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They do have non-breakfast items for vegetarians & vegans. They have about 12 vegan specials. They have sandwiches, soups, juices, smoothies, salads, and burgers.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food!

Cons: pricey

The restaurant - Edit

The restaurant is actually called Nature's Cafe and it is 100% vegetarian with many vegan selections. The food is wonderful and just about the same as when it was cafe totonaka. The chef is very friendly and helpful and there are all types of food from breakfast to sandwiches to entrees. I would highly recommend this restaurant!!

Pros: vegan friendly, fast service, healthy selections

Cons: none!

Return to Palm Springs Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Health Food and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6958 times since May 2008.