First Review by glassesgirl79

Delicious! - Edit

I stopped in the store after my college classes and was impressed that 98% of their selection is vegan friendly. They have a deli and smoothie bar in one half of the store with tables and everything, in the other half is a small variety of vegan and vegetarian foods (canned foods, tofu, vegan cheese, vegan chicken and sausages, ice cream, energy bars, Jell-O, spices, oatmeal, flour, organic honey and apple sauce, all kinds of stuff including a small shelf for vitamins). The service was great for me because I was greeted by most of the workers there who were young- my age and seemed pretty cool, and were also vegan or vegetarian, and were very knowledgeable in their products. The guy that helped me, Edgar, was incredibly friendly and helpful, and even gave me samples of smoothies and a delicious chicken salad sandwich.

Pros: Lots of vegan foods, Smoothie Bar and Deli in store, Open good hours

Cons: A bit too expensive, Parking sucks in downtown Bakersfield

yummy!! - Edit

This place makes such delicious smoothies and fresh juice. I love their wraps and my favorite dessert is their raw vegan chocolate nut bars. They are always so friendly and take time for you.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 21, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan foods, Raw foods

Small But Strong - Edit

I am new to the vegan scene and this is by far the friendliest and most finely stocked little market in Bakersfield for a new Vegan like me.
Today I had some Vegan Raw Mighty Chocolate Nut-Seed Bars and a Vegan Turkey Sandwich, which will now serve as both my breakfast and lunch since the food and portions are so good here there's no need to order more one serving will do! Yum Yum YUM!!!!
The price is fair given the freshness of the food.

food only...slight medicine - Edit

I was looking for arnica ointment & they didn't carry it but did reccomend me to carr's which was down the street.

Very tiny store....normal looking cafe seemed like a good juice & smoothie bar.

Great friendly staff but. Tiny selection

Pros: friendly staff, they exist in bakersfield, willing to help find other store

Cons: i'm still really happy they're here, slight (almost no) homeopathic medicine, tiny selection

Great Place with Best Vegan Cheesecake - Edit

You have never had a better vegan cheesecake than here. I like the blueberry and raspberry and price is reasonable $5. Sandwiches are also tasty. This is the only vegetarian market in Bakersfield that I've found with vegan food. I am vegan when convenient and they make it easy to be. They added some cafe tables and the place is quaint. If you ever had a restaurant go out of business because you didn't visit it enough don't let this one. I've had 3 do just that and it's hard to lose good food. They are closed on Sabbath (Saturday)and Sunday so go during the week. Holly

Pros: Quint , Tasty Food, Vegan

Cons: Can get busy at times

Healthy food in Downtown Bakersfield - Edit

This is a wonder place to get homemade vegan sandwiches as well as raw desserts as well as vegetarian & vegan mainstays (cookies, veganaise, etc.).The store is family operated, staff are extremely friendly and they are open to customer requests for new items.This place is great because it caters to vegetarians, vegans, raw foodists as well as those with gluten allergies.

Pros: Can request speciality foods, Friendly staff, Excellent food

Cons: Location, A little pricey at times

Return to Bakersfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Food Market and Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3264 times since Nov 2009.