Nature's Fare Markets - Orchard Plaza

• Health Store
Contact 250-762-8636

120-1876 Cooper Road, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, VIY 9N6

Natural food market with several locations in British Columbia. Offers fresh organic produce, packaged foods, vitamins and supplements, natural groceries, deli and juice bar, and more.

First Review by lindatheveg

Awesome Health Store - great lunch menu too! - Edit

Nature's Fare is my go to for their awesome a la carte options! There is an excellent variety and everything is labelled as vegan/vegetarian/gluten free so I never have to ask. They have soups and fresh juices and wraps and baked goods, great for a quick bite to eat. They also have some great items for taking home and making for yourself later, like marinated tofu and falafel. Prices are what you would expect, pricey but excellent value.

Staff are especially friendly and there is a loyalty points program. I also look here for vegan make-up and vitamins. They have lots of vitamins that are labelled as vegan, at a range of price points.

I don't buy groceries here much because it's too expensive but I would if I could.

Overall, love it! I always make a point to stop by here.

Pros: Amazing lunch menu with vegan labels!, Vegan baked goods! With labels!, Vitamins and cosmetics available too

Healthy Staples for the Community - Edit

I was so excited to find a “health store” that sells more than pills. Nature’s Fare is big, well organized and in touch. There are a number of stores in the province, but I’ve only been to the one in Kelowna. The produce section is great. Lots of locally sourced organic items. The Bistro adds to the charm and community of the store, but my gripe is that meat is not separated effectively. I won’t eat from display cases that have meat items beside and juggled serving spoons. However, I have enjoyed fresh juice from their juice bar.
The staff is really informed and helpful for everything, from details about obscure items/techniques to finding things in the community. Many times there has been a demo or info session setup when I’ve been shopping there. There are lots of grocery aisles with a good selection, a great offering of books and magazines, small bulk section, large area for supplements and beauty products (the money makers), as well as a bunch of new agey products. I’m happy they are in business.

Pros: Organic local food, Community connection, Great resources and website

Cons: Not vegetarian

Return to Kelowna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Fare Markets - Orchard Plaza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 893 times since May 2009.