First Review by peanutbuttergirl

they have absolutely everything. - Edit

Their pizza and prepared foods are outstanding. Produce is extremely fresh and tasty. Huge selection of bulk foods, and basically everything. All staff are extremely friendly.

Pros: prepared foods, outstanding staff , huge selection of everything

Cons: pizza closes @7

So Many Veg Options - Edit

The store is considerably large and there are always several hot and cold vegan options available to either eat there or take to go, including soups, salads, pilafs, curries, raw meals, etc., and pizza corner where you can order a whole pizza (vegan available) to go. There are also many vegan and gluten-free desserts available and a juice and coffee bar; a great store to both shop at and grab a meal.

Pros: Delicious food, Many options

Hot tables aren't hot - Edit

Ate here two or three times over this summer and the dishes weren't warm. A hot plate buffet should figure out how to keep the food warm, especially given that I went at noon - prime lunch hour. Tasty food and clearly labeled vegan options.

Great Place to Look for Specialty Items - Edit

I always love coming to Nature's Emporium for their specialty foods (usually as treats). Unfortunately, they are not even remotely exclusively vegan, but they do have many vegan alternatives for grocery items -- vegan yoghurts, vegan milks, amazing selection of vegan ice creams, bars, faux meats, etc. If you're in the area, definitely stop by and take some time to explore the whole store!

Pros: Huge Selection, Specialty Items

Cons: Lots of Meat and Dairy Around

Top notch... - Edit

For the past year or so, the food here has been consistently great. I think there was some changeover, because a lot of the old dishes were replaced - pretty quickly.

I notice that the chef seems to be out on the floor often; he's given me a point in the right direction a couple of times now (Aloo Gobi was amazing!).

I do sometimes wish that there was more variety from one day to the next ( I eat here often! ) but there is something to be said for consistency!

Thanks for the many great meals Nature's; keep it up!

Pros: Very fresh, Friendly staff, Lots of organic

Cons: Menu is repetative

So-So - Edit

I have dined at the Nature's Emporium food bar for years. It used to be pretty tasty, but I finally stopped going when I realised it was consistently not good anymore. I began to notice that there was a lot of oil used in the dishes --- perhaps it is supposed to help keep the food moist, as it is often dried out, having sat out on the steamer table for too long. (I once complained politely that the food was dried out and the owner shouted angrily at me!) It is pricey for a food bar, similar to a sit-down restaurant, but without the service. Some of the dishes are good, but not enough to keep me going there.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 11, 2012

Pros: Supposedly organic, Sometimes tasty, Convenient

Cons: Pricey, Not Fresh, Oily

Fantastic! - Edit

I've been coming up from the city a couple times a month now, and I have to say - Nature's Emporium rocks! The food here is fantastic - especially the hot tables. It's not easy to find a place where you can get healthy food that actually tastes good... I'm hooked. Plus, I have to say, after trying raw lasagna for the first time, I find myself looking for new ways to add more raw food to my diet.

Great stuff!

-Kyp

Pros: Price, Taste, People

Cons: Too far from Toronto!

Best in the GTA!!! - Edit

Some of the food here really inspired me over the past months. First I was starting to realize what true crap we eat; so I started shopping for all organic and mostly local food (which was easy for a vegetarian like me, because all their produce is organic!) I got to experience raw foods in my town instead of having to go downtown. The pizza is to die for. For all you raw foodists around here, they are the same quality as the resturaunts downtown, but you can pick up a slice of pizza for less than $10. It is overall a great place to eat, shop, and enjoy a wholesome life!

Pros: wholesome, organic, clean

Cons: isnt open 24/7!

What a Wonderful Store - Edit

Nature's Emporium has to be, by far, my favourite organic supermarket around. It's fully organic, it's clean, it carries all fresh produce and foods, its huge and has every organic product that you can imagine. The hot meals (or prepared foods) are absolutely delicious and beatiful-looking. The chefs at Nature's Emporium are truly masterful when it comes to organic cooking. This is just a wonderful store, and I would definitely (and already have) recommend this temple of organic foods to any of my friends.

Pros: Clean, Fresh, Tasty

This store is overpriced and sells old food - Edit

This store I have shopped at and also bought lots of food raw, salads and I have to tell you I am very disappointed in the amount of old food they serve for outrageous prices and I also think they are very dirty, I found sand in the salads and hair in the food, the raw food is the biggest disappointment its been sitting out for two weeks with still outrageous prices the collard green wraps are turning yellow and they still want to sell them for $5.00 a piece. This store should really try to be cleaner just because you have no competition yet doesn't mean you won't in the future and you should try not to overcharge people for old food. The raw lasagna was completely dried out disgusting but I still have to pay full price for old food, there is no other raw food joints around yet, I hope there will be soon.

Pros: Old food, Back customer service, rude people

Cons: no help, food is old, raw food really old

Not Great - Edit

Have tried to eat here on a few occasions. Poor service. Staff were arrogant and non empathetic. NOT CLEAN enough in the kitchen area.

Food... uninspiring and bland. Overpriced. A little like Commensalle, but much less interesting (I can't believe I said that!).

If you just want "natural" food I guess it's OK, but food should be inspiring and interesting not boring - particularly at these prices.

A little bit of competition close by would work wonders.

Great spot to shop! - Edit

I find Nature's Emporium to be essential for the organic green shopper ...
I also like the cafe - but wish it was open Sunday's too ...

There is a store closer to my home but I have had trouble with spoiled organic meats and veg ... but Nature's Emporium is always fresh and fantastic!

Pros: selection, juice bar & cafe, size

Cons: no raw foodie section

Return to Newmarket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Emporium closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2766 times since Aug 2007.