First Review by suzie-q

focaccia and pizza bread! - Edit

We went here to buy some vegan yogurt and granola, and we walked out with an on-the-go dinner of homemade focaccia and vegan pizza bread. It was cheaper than a restaurant, organic, and a delicious blend of fresh tomatoes, basil, and local olive oil. Check out their deli! The woman behind the counter was very helpful about vegan options.

Pros: on-the-go & cheap deli options, vegan focaccia , local, organic ingredients

Not all that impressed. - Edit

In terms of vegan foods there are a fair few, but mostly they're very expensive and sweet. We don't have a kitchen, and the only things we could buy was vegetable stock. Then when we were at the till I asked if I could use the toilet. They explained that there was a staff toilet, but that I couldn't use it.

Not really sure what the purpose of telling me there's a toilet but I can't use it, that was pretty frustrating.

But they do have a large selection if you do have a kitchen.
Very few non-dairy fortified milks.

Best Vegan Grocery Store in Florence - Edit

Easily the best health food grocery store in Florence, Naturasi served as my go-to market for most vegan staples. Complete with tofu, soy milk, dried fruits and nuts, and a surprisingly large selection of whole grain breads, cereals, and pastas that are not often available in the U.S. (their brown risotto rice verily impressed me as I have not found it yet back in the states). Their produce selection is a bit limited, though I happily bought it comforted by its organic quality (which can prove difficult to find in Italy). The only two products Naturasi lacks are nutritional yeast and flax seed oil, which I bought at De Herbore on Via Proconsolo near Piazza del Duomo.

See pictures and more restaurant reviews at my blog: http://farmersmarketvegan.wordpress.com/

Pros: Huge selection., All organic.

Cons: Limited produce., Staff doesn't speak English.

Wonderful selection and prices - Edit

We visited this location of the Italian health food store. They had a great selection and the prices were great.many things to chose from in regards to gluten-free and vegan food. I had happycow update the location so hopefully you will be able to find it!

Pros: prices, selection, opening hours

Life Saver - Edit

A great little organic supermarket that was my life saver during my time there. Good selection of soy and other milks and wheat free vegan snacks. It is somewhat out of the tourist centre and generally the staff don't speak English. Overall a great place. The soy cheese is amazing!

Pros: variety, soy cheese!!!, organic

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has NaturaSi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5299 times since Feb 2008.