Naturally Fiordland

• ( 9 reviews )

62 Town Center, Te Anau, New Zealand, 9600

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe and pizzeria. The pizza menu marks what's gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian - a sign at the entrance encourages to ask for vegan variety. You may replace any non-vegan ingredient with another of your choice, including soymilk in drink. Staff speak English and German.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Amari

399ash

Points +109

10 Dec 2020

Classic home cooked food

Nothing amazing but filling and tasty great to carb load after a long tramp. The vegan pizza did not have any vegan cheese so was a bit boring but still lots of veggies. Good vegan crumble cake tho.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

caity

Points +108

28 Sep 2020

It was ok

This restaurant has a vegan menu. We ordered the vegan pizza and the pasta with tomato sauce. Pasta was saucy and delicious. The pizza had a thin crust and no sauce with basic sliced veggies, not worth $25 we paid for it.

Pros: Delicious pasta , Separate page in menu for vegan meals

Cons: Pizza was crap

Sazmosa

Points +66

20 Apr 2019

Ok in desperation

We tried to have a cuppa and cake. Vegan options are still advertised outside. There is only one kind of cake, a crumble cake. The first time we went this was offered warm. I asked the second time I went if this could be heated and was told no. They didn't stir our hot chocolates and seemed annoyed at having to make them. Better customer service and food available at the pizzeria in town.

Pros: The size of the cake and not too sugary

Cons: Only one cake option, staff attitude

claudi3107

Points +39

Vegetarian
06 Nov 2018

satisfied

I have tried this restaurant twice now. And was really happy. They have a extra little vegan Menu. I have tried the vegan Pizza which is just without cheese but really yammi with lots of veggies. I also tried the Vegan apple crumble cake which was also really yammi! 😍
And the owner who served me was really friendly to me.

Pros: nice food and nice stuff

Paolla

Points +4259

09 Jan 2018

Better search another place

Although there are many advertising about the vegan options on the outside of the cafe/restaurant, talking to the staff (which wasn't friendly), it is told that you can have any option from the vegetarian pizza menu WITHOUT cheese, or two options from the vegetarian pasta menu, again WITHOUT cheese, or a salad and the soup of the day. When asked if they could make a vegan smoothie, they said yes, but there isn't vegan milk and the cow milk is replaced by water.
I don't know why this place makes so much advertising about vegan food if they only offer three vegan options (a salad, a soup and a cake). The rest is only adaptations without vegan ingredients for replacement.
Ended up eating here considering the city is not vegan friendly. I had a penne pasta and a slice of the apple cake, which were just ok, although quite expensive.

Updated from previous review on 2017-12-03

Cons: Only vegetarian options, Rude staff, Expensive

Shiru

Points +421

27 Nov 2017

A bit disappointed

This place seemed promising when I saw a sign outside that said "vegans ask about options." When I asked the owner/chef, she basically just pointed out the vegetarian items and said "without the cheese." Yeah, thanks, I can eat cheeseless pizza anywhere I go. I ended up getting a pasta, which had basil and olive oil. I had to add a ton of salt and pepper just to give it some flavor. It wasn't bad by any means, but certainly not worth the price.

Derina

Points +419

02 Oct 2017

More limited vegan options than expected

This restaurant offers lots of vegetarian options. Vegan options included soup of the day and pastas, pizzas, and salads with the cheese left off.

melindaverity

Points +40

01 May 2017

Great

Lots of vegan options available on menu

Amari

Points +160

15 Feb 2017

tasty crumble in the fiordland!

I had a craving for cake this afternoon and thankfully found this café. They only offered one vegan cake but this apple crumble was really very very yummy!
Haven't tried anything else but was happy to find a vegan something! ;)

Return to Te Anau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Naturally Fiordland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.