Naturalissimo

• Vegetarian
Contact 961-61-109-31

6ta Poniente Norte, Unit 124, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico,

As of May 2013, has a lunch special for 95 pesos which includes soup or salad, main course with vegetables and rice, salad bar and drink. Has vegan and a la carte items as well. One of several locations.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Mexican

First Review by KaylaSergio

The best of the worst - Edit

Tuxtla Gutierrez is not a vegan friendly city by any means. The food at this chain restaurant left a bit to be desired. The whole menu is vegetarian yet nothing on the menu is vegan. The waiter just directed me to the salad bar. The salad bar was fairly extensive but nothing in there was very filling, it was almost exclusively vegetables. None of the dressings looked vegan but I wasn't sure. I ordered a side of black beans to add to the salad. There were also a few salsas on the table which were vegan (one tomato salsa, a pico de gallo and a salsa made of nopal cactus). So I added those to the salad too and made a decent meal out of it. I was told that I could not go back to the salad bar for another plate. My father ordered mushroom empañadas that did not look that great.

I went back again after suffering from the other non-vegetarian restaurants in Tuxtla that were even less vegan-friendly (at one different restaurant all they offered me was boiled potatoes and carrots without any seasoning).

On the second visit, I asked if they could make me some vegan tacos since I had seen all their vegetables in the salad bar at the last visit. The waiter was reluctant and asked a lot of questions but eventually agreed. I asked for whatever vegetables they had, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado, peppers etc and some black beans. What I got was a stack of tortillas and a plate of black beans with a few slices of bell pepper.

They also had a case of bread and a couple things were labeled vegan but I could not tell which ones they were. When I asked the staff which ones were vegan, I was told that none of them were by two staff members...very confusing.

If you are vegan (or even vegetarian), you will not find decent food in Tuxtla. This was the best of the worst that I found though. If this were in my home town I would definitely never eat here.

Pros: Could be worse, Best vegan food in Tuxtla (sadly)

Cons: staff was not that helpful., food was simple and not filling., not very vegan friendly

Great food - Edit

Accidentally stumbled upon this place. Vegetarian with many vegan options. We tried the steak, burgers, taco al pastor, guacamole, and fries. All were great. Juice Bar inside. Good price and good portions for the food. They only had one vegan muffin left, but they also have a mini store with products inside. Spanish only spoken.

Pros: big portions, great food, good service

Cons: no vegan cheese option, label vegan breads and pastries better

Return to Tuxtla Gutierrez Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Naturalissimo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 668 times since Jun 2013.