Natural Sister Cafe

Contact 760-366-3600

61695-B Twentynine Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree, California, USA, 92252

Joshua Tree vegetarian cafe, a healthy food eatery. Offers smoothies and fresh juices, breakfast food and fresh baked goods, sandwiches, salads, and organic coffee. Casual and relaxed in a bright space. Has Wi-Fi. Open reduced hours in wintertime.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by gr8vegan

Saved this Juicing Vegan - Edit

I stayed in Joshua Tree for a week and I was saved by finding this place! I'm used to having a green juice every day and a big salad. They had a couple of pre-designed juices that were good choices. But, what I really liked was being able to create my own. I prefer to shy away from the carrots and apples. So, I was able to do a kale, celery, parsley, cucumber, and added ginger and lemon. And, each day I went for the large Bountiful Greens salad and was amazed at the variety of stuff and the freshness of it. And, ALL ORGANIC! Yes! I also had an excellent wrap and a salad that was a combo of vegan "deli salads" like eggless egg salad (tofu). Yum. I highly recommend eating here.

Pros: Organic, Vegan options

Cons: maybe more choices

Delicious Food with Vegan Option - Edit

I was so happy to find this little restaurant in the middle of the desert. The vegan options were limited but they were very good. The vegan blueberry plum pie was incredible!!!

Great Food...need more Vegan options - Edit

I was staying nearby in Pioneertown and was in search of a Vegan breakfast. After searching on Happy Cow I stumbled upon Natural sisters Cafe. I ordered the Tofu Scramble and was very happy with my choice. The main problem lies within the actual choices. I may have ordered the only Vegan item that they offer. The biscuits and gravy aren't even Vegan which doesn't make sense as its so easy to make without using animal products.

Pros: Tasty Tofu Scramble

Cons: Very little Vegan options

Good eats in a neat little eco-mall - Edit

Loved the sandwiches at Natural Sister Cafe and got some for our wanderings in Joshua Tree National Park. The vegan baked goods are some of the best I've ever had especially the coffee cake! Crowded place but worth the wait. Lovely herb shop and natural foods market right next door plus a farmers market on certain days in the parking lot. We were so grateful to find this block of healthy and delicious vegan options in Joshua Tree.

Pros: A vegan food oasis in the desert, Good selection, Great service

Cool Little Place - Edit

Delicious food including some lovely vegan sweets as well. I had a vegan wrap which was huge and delicious. Also very reasonable prices, especially considering the location.

Only thing I would recommend is they move to a larger shop as its very popular and busy.

Pros: Good Food, Good Prices, Vegan Sweets

Cons: Small Shop, Busy

Good food and reasonable pricing - Edit

We came here for dinner after visiting Joshua Tree. The food was delicious and good enough portion. The staff was very friendly and helpful with vegan option items.

Pros: Tasty food / Good value, Cozy Environment, Outside patio sitting with dog

Cons: Close early at 7pm

Get A Packed Lunch Here - Edit

Went driving through the national park, and stopped in here to pick up lunch. Generously sized sandwiches, crammed with tasty fillings, securely packed, and still tasted great after a few hours in our car.
If you're planning on hiking or driving through Joshua Tree, pick up your supplies here.

Favorite veggie cafe in Joshua Tree - Edit

Here's my Natural Sister Cafe review. My family came to Joshua Tree for the Bhakti Fest (yoga & kirtan) and made a point to eat here 2 mornings. The food was delicious.

The cafe felt cozy and inviting, and it smelled like fresh baked muffins! We enjoyed the fresh pressed green juice, the cinnamon apple raisin muffin, the apple pie muffin, the hot basmati brown rice cereal (with soymilk), and the organic fluffy egg and spinach wrap. Everything was so yummy.

Pros: reasonable prices, friendly service, fresh food

Natural Sisters Cafe - terrific food & atmosphere - Edit

Was here in March 2010. Our party of four ordered four different (and GENEROUSLY sized!) menu items which were all outstanding. Everything about our dining experience was wonderful - speed of service, friendliness of staff, value for the cost, freshness and yumminess of the food. Their hours as of March 2010 are 7 am - 7 pm, 7 days a week.

Pros: superb food, excellent value, friendly staff

Natural Sister Cafe, only veg cafe in J-Tree! - Edit

Our prayers have been answered! Thanks to the Naturel Sisters Cafe opening in downtown village of Joshua Tree.
This is the ONLY vegetarian kitchen in town, we do have a couple other good restaurtants like Crossroads & Indian Food,
however they both cook and serve mostly meat.
The Naturel Sister's Cafe is a pure experience where you can taste the love and blessing that goes into the food!
They serve Wheatgrass, organic coffee, local teas and many other refreshing bevs, not to mention their awesome smoothies. I can never resist the fresh baked muffins and cookies (mostly vegan) every time I go in. The soups/sandwich deals are excellent too...so many great things to offer and a good choice on picking a local business to support. Couldn't say anything better about them...kind, friendly, fast, convenient, wifi for travelers,
an overall accomplishment of the essence of being a vegetarian cafe-
CLOSED MONDAYS and now open for dinner..
Always open for breakfast and lunch!
So Grateful,

Cynthia J-Tree

Pros: Excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value

Cons: Closed Mondays!

Best Date Shake in socal! - Edit

I had been wanting to check out Natural Sister Cafe since my last visit to Joshua tree, but I had packed a ton of food and couldn't justify waste. I lucked out with a second trip with the forward knowledge to only pack snacks so we all could grab lunch on our way into the park. Its right at the West entrance of Joshua Tree next to a health food store. The date shake is by far the best I've had to date :) As for healthy vegan options you're pretty much subscribed to creating your own sandwich with lettuce, bread, tomatoes, carrots. The mustard has honey in it. Their specialty is vegan mayo by the tub, which is not what you want to base your hiking fuel on... Its a cute little place, though with a few tables and chairs and nice people. Definitely don't miss it and plan it into your trip to the amazing park.

Pros: date shake

Cons: need more sandwich fillings

Return to Joshua Tree Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Sister Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4114 times since Aug 2009.