Natural Plus

Contact +852-98164714

Shop A, Sea View Building, Mui Wo, Outlying Islands, Hong Kong, China,

Cafe, take away, smoothie bar and health food shop. Includes South Asian, Chinese and Western dishes. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Western, South Asian

First Review by Stevie

Muy Wo only veg place - Edit

Good to have a veg restaurant in Mui Wo, especially after a long walk on this beautiful island, just before heading back to HK. This place is ok, nothing amazing but quite tasty and also cheap for HK. Dishes are around 50-60 HKD, quite large portions. I'd have liked to try the dumpling but it was sold out. Will come back.

Natural Plus, Hong Kong - Edit

I lunched here today. It's easy to find on the main square in Mui Wo. It's a few different things rolled into one. Downstairs is the food counter where food / drinks can be ordered to either take away or sit in. Upstairs is a no frills room that doubles up as a health food shop and also has a couple of picnic type tables for sitting in to eat the food ordered.

On looking at the menu it seemed very interesting. For example listed was a 'vegan bagel pizza'. Sure enough this a pizza where a bagel is used as the pizza base. I was ready to give this ago. On enquiring further it transpires this item is made with dairy mozzarella cheese. The vegan part in the title of the item is that the bagel if eaten on its own is vegan.

I then asked what else on the menu was vegan. It immediately became apparent at this point that the very nice lady who manages the place didn't know what vegan meant. After a little friendly explanation a few things were pointed out and I went for the recommendation of the mung dhal with basmati rice. I also asked if I could get a smoothy and the lady recovered superbly from the earlier conversation on what vegan means. She immediately replied to me at this point that she could give me a smoothie with quinoa milk.

As well a my order my co diner ordered Chinese dumplings with salad and some ginger tea. The best thing from the combined order undoubtedly was the smoothie (large size). Total cost was 180 hkd.

Pros: Vegan friendly, An all vego place in Mui Wo

Cons: Some initial confusion re vegan

Return to Outlying Islands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Plus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 482 times since Apr 2015.