First Review by amandalkent

pricy but you will find it here - Edit

If they don't have it - they will order it.

Vegan salad bar oasis - Edit

Although not perfect, the Natural Pantry offers a great salad bar option for the area. A filling meal is expensive, and groceries are commensurate with the area. For a special splurge I like to load up at the salad bar and eat to my heart's content, though it's quite pricey to do that. The store offers a good selection of vegan products, though the deli selection is lacking for vegans. I love that the store is locally owned, as opposed to a big national chain offering similar options. Quinoa salad and brown rice were offered at the salad bar last time I was there, and a marinated tofu and lots of vegetables were available. The vegan soup was a bean tortilla soup, which didn't appeal to me on the day I was there. but people said it was good.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 31, 2014

Pros: Vegan salad bar choices!, Items clearly marked, Expansive grocery selections

Cons: Expensive, Few, if any, vegan deli options

Mediocre Store - Edit

I do not expect a lot from Alaska, because it really just is so out of sync with the rest of the world.
If you are looking for your favorite items from down in the lower 48, you might find a few here.
It is extremely expensive, but that is to be expected. Normal food prices in Alaska are astronomical, so to shop at a specialty store will set you back some serious cash.
It is an all right store. I like that they are trying to bring this lifestyle to Alaska.
It certainly is better than nothing at all.

Return to Anchorage Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Pantry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2020 times.