First Review by Tom

Well Stocked, Locally Owned Natural Food Store - Edit

This is my favorite store. Ever.

The people working there are friendly and they recognize us when we're there.

The bulk section is extensive and extremely affordable. They have all sorts of vegan products that I don't even expect to find there. Sometimes I'll hear about a new product and not expect to find it in Bangor and then, one day, I'll randomly come across it at the Natural Living Center. I almost always find exactly what I need when I'm there.

I simply can't say enough.

the mothership for affordable supplies - Edit

the best vegan supplies in the greater bangor area. great bulk section. very affordable.

Pros: large bulk section, variety, new items added regularly

Cons: proponents of local meat/dairy

Great Store & cafe - Edit

Along with their groceries, don't miss their cafe. It's small but the food is delicious and healthy. Muffins are almost always vegan, they always have vegan options and don't miss their specialty lunch veggie sandwich! Fruit smoothies are delicious and they'll adapt them for you. The other day I asked for kale in my berry smoothie and they made it for me. They are very good about adding grocery items that customers ask for. Love the place!

Extensive - Edit

The NLC is one of the largest locally-owned natural food stores we've seen throughout the country. They carry 11 varieties of TVP ! Tofurky wraps are made and sold daily in the cafe, and there is always at least one vegan soup, sometimes both. Extensive selection of refrigerated and frozen veg items, Field Roast, Quorn, Tofurky, Tofutti, Sunshine burger, Amy's, Purely Decadent, etc. Large bulk section with numerous varieties of beans, rices, flours, grains, herbs, spices, dried fruits, granolas, etc. Decent ethnic grocery section, especially Asian and Indian products. As of this date at least 10 of the 20 or so staff are either vegan, vegetarian or borderline vegetarian, a pretty sizable representation.

Return to Bangor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Living Center closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3186 times since Aug 2007.