First Review by Patapompon

Food and atmosphere average, at best - Edit

I found both the food and the atmosphere to be only average, at best.

The restaraunt houses 4 tables, and there were flickering LED lights above mine. They had 2 choices each for the first plate, and 2 more for the second plate. I chose the soup, and then the garbanzo bean main plate. The soup was overly salted; so much so that I only ate a little. It was filled with hominy, corn kernels and potatoes (lots of carbs). The main plate was garbanzo beans with some flecks of green, a tiny salad, and whole grain rice. I ate about half the food on the main plate.

The meal was disappointing because there wasn`t a whole lot of flavor, and was way too carb-heavy. Considering this is a vegetarian restaurant, it would have nice to see some more variety of vegetables on the plate with more color (broccoli, carrots, anything). The meal was not that memorable. One must certainly take into account the price paid for overall value. In March 2016, the meal of the day is 8.5 soles. This certainly is very low, and may be appealing to a vegetarian or vegan on a strict budget. I imagine the typical person reading this might prefer to spend 2-3 soles more and get a more flavorful balanced meal at any of the 10 places within a kilometer or two of Natural Home.

I would grade the restaruant 3 out of 5 cows because of the possibility they just weren`t having a good day. Once was enough for me.

Pros: Price

Cons: Way too many carbs on the plate, Lack of pleasing flavors, Lack of color on the plate

Friendly service & nice food - Edit

I went there in March 2016 and had the daily menu. The daily menu is vegan-friendly as they are 2 options for each course, with at least one of them vegan. It costs S/ 8.5 (around US$ 2.5) and includes a starter (I had a broccoli soup), a main course (escabeche de tofu), bread and beverage.
The food was good, although not extraordinary, and the service very friendly. May not be my favourite one but I'll definitely go back there if I happen to be in the area.

[Estuve aquí en marzo 2016 y tomé el menú del día. El menú tiene opciones veganas. Cuesta S/ 8.5 e incluye una entrada (sopa de brócoli), un plato de fondo (escabeche de tofu), pan y refresco. La comida estaba buena, aunque no extraordinaria, y la atención muy agradable. Quizá no sea mi lugar favorito pero seguramente regresaré aquí si paso por el barrio.]

Pros: Inexpensive, Good attention

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Home closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.