Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 405-321-3375

1918 W Main St (at 24th Ave SW), Norman, Oklahoma, USA, 73069

Natural food and grocery market chain with locations across the US. Stocks a wide range of products, including vegetarian and vegan food, fresh produce, personal health products. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-8:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by Doggiedoc

Outstanding store! - Edit

I was surprised to find this store in Norman, as I only come here periodically on business. What a haven and sanctuary for healthy food and organic produce in this town!

There are a few other places that one can get similar products, but all of these are fairly recent additions... kudos to the healthy food activists in Norman. On to NG:

I visited and each person I encountered was friendly, asked me if I was finding everything okay. When I answered "It's my first time here..." each person (in different areas of the store) reacted with a great big smile and we chatted, they were eager to share what they knew of their store, their area of functionality, and it was evident that they were proud of the store. It's rare to find employees so vested in their workplace! Even the cashier had a reaction similar to the others I found in the aisles working.

The store has reasonable pricing, nice selection, just about anything I would want, including dairy alternatives, soy alternatives, bulk (pre-packaged) and raw products. It is laid out well and has a nice feel to it.

The produce is top-notch! Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were shopping in the store, given the fact that we're talking about central Oklahoma. That's a good sign, IMO, as many "health-food" stores scare regular customers off, and that actually endangers the long-term survival of such places... not a happy outcome for those of us who must travel and rely on finding a safe place to buy Real Food.

One stock clerk told me everything in the store is organic, or it is not stocked. Pretty cool, huh?

For the fact that there isn't a large target audience in Norman, like there would be in a large city, Natural Grocers keeps a wide variety in their inventory and they make you feel welcome when you shop.

Do not hesitate! It's only about 3 blocks west of the I-35/Main Street interchange, so it's easy to get to and their is a small parking lot, but more spaces at the adjacent outdoor strip shopping center.

See you there!

Pros: Wide variety, Great produce, Friendly staff

fantastic! - Edit

This is our go-to store. The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is relaxed. The produce is fresh and all organic. They have a large selection of veg friendly goods, and they are glad to order something for you if they don't carry it. I'm not a big fan of grocery shopping, but natural grocers makes it bearable.

Return to Norman Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.