Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 303-989-4866

3333 S Wadsworth (at Hampden), Lakewood, Colorado, USA, 80227

Natural grocery store chain. Mid-size store stocking natural foods and organic foods including vitamins, nutritional supplements, homeopathy, personal care products, teas, some fresh fruit and vegetable. Bagged nuts, grains, dried fruits nuts. Mon-Sat 9:00am-8:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by vegan_chick10154

Best grocery store in Lakewood - Edit

Natural Grocers is our go-to grocery store. It's a much better choice than Whole Foods, with similar selection, but selling exclusively organic produce (unlike Whole Foods), and generally lower prices.

Wish they didn't sell meat, but otherwise it's great.

Pros: no non-organic produce, inexpensive

Cons: sells meat

My favorite VC - Edit

I have been to a few VC around CO and I like this store the a lot. The best one I've been to is in Fort Collins. I work near the one in the Colfax/Garrison area and its half the size and half as nice as this VC. All VCs carry only organic produce so they are almost always cheaper than Whole Foods and they are often cheaper than Whole Foods when buying name-brand products. Only con is location, its far south from me and there are no other businesses in that area that I go to so its a hassle to go all the way to this one when I work next to one.

Pros: Great products, Friendly staff

The Green Mountain Store - Edit

I actually worked at Vitamin Cottage for a year. The employees were amazing, to me and to the customers. I created great bonds with many of the customers who were distressed when I had to leave to go to school full time. I would say that for a store it's size, almost half of its products are vegan/vegetarian friendly. Its prices are also very reasonable, with sales every month. Overall, it's a great place, and I would highly recommend visiting!

Pros: Great employees, Good selection, Reasonable prices

Cons: Not the same employees as when I worked , Not entirely vegan, Has mostly vitamins; not food

Return to Lakewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 365 times since Aug 2007.