Natural Food

Contact 919240000

Via Al Forte 2, Lugano, Switzerland, 6900

Opened Sept 2013 previously at via Ludovico Ariosto 6. Makes vegan pizza, piadina, focaccia, sandwiches, fusion food, and fruit juices. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Raw, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by HappyElo

best pizza ever - Edit

We arrived through the application HAPPY COW. The restaurant was very welcoming and patient. We were amazed at the amount of delicious food. We ordered pizza for everyone and when we have finished we ordered another one!

Pros: Friendly staff, large portions, Natural Ingredients

Cons: No place to sit

Good vegan takeaway - Edit

Natural food is a small take away in the city center, completely vegan and offers a lot of tasty options like panini pizza burgers smoothie...is very good for lunch break, people are super nice and the price is right.
There's no place to sit down but if the weather is sunny you can go and eat on the lake!

Pros: Completely vegan, Lot of option, Tasty

Cons: No place to sit

Good vegan food - Edit

Vegan Chocolate Brioche: good.
Vegan kebab: veery good.
Smoothies: also good.

If you are in Lugano, pop in. They have a lot of tasty options, both sweet and savoury: kebab, pizza, piadina, brioches, pastries,...

Pros: 100% vegan, lots of different options, located in the city centre

Cons: small, just a few seats, can get busy at lunch time

Wonderful! - Edit

This friendly little cafe and shop is a very welcome addition to the food scene in Lugano. There's plenty of variety so there should be something to please everyone. Service was warm and very helpful.

Don't miss the pastries and desserts!

Confirming other reviews, - Edit

This place is making VERY good use of a small space, has an AMAZING variety of Pizzas (they are not of the Italian super thin, crispy kind though but thick whole wheat pieces (5€ each - need to eat 2-3) and generously covered and provide a rich juicy mouth feel). Apart from that they feature a wide selection of vegan bakery, home made pralines and cookies as well as vegan foods to buy from cookies to soy steaks, plant milk, meat alternatives and drinks

Pros: cozy , quick service, stylish with nice music

Cons: you are in Switzerland (more pricy)

Best Vegan place in the area - Edit

Being based in the area, I have the pleasure to visit Natural Food quite often. They offer an abundant selection of pizzas, kebap, piadinas, and all sorts of sandwiches. Everything I tried so far tastes wonderfully! Along with their freshly made food, this nice take-away also occasionally offers desserts (tiramisù was great) and a local organic home-made beer.
At the counter there's often informative flyers and support material.
The staff is very friendly, too. Kudos!

Pros: Delicious, Centrally located

Cons: Take-away only, Closed on Sundays

Tasty deliciousness on the go - Edit

I had just arrived in Lugano and a friendly vegan at the tourist office pointed me in the direction of this place. I had a focaccia sandwich with some vegan meat substitutes - really tasty. Could have had another I reckon. Friendly staff. I'd happily pop in for a quick bite again.

Pros: Quick tasty food, Friendly

Excellent! - Edit

Finally we vegans can have amazing pizza, too!
And that's not all: this place makes all kinds of italian take away specialties: piadina, pizza, panini, etc.
Natural Food offers a wide choice of tasty food that you can eat on the spot or take away. They also deliver in the Lugano area.
Absolutely amazing!

Pros: pizza, PIZZA, PIZZAAAAAA!!

Best pizza in town - Edit

I am vegan, my husband vegetarian, my son eats everything, and we all absolutely loved what we got! We had various pizzas, kebab, two cakes (chocolate roll and a cake with cinnamon and candid fruit), as well as vegan panetone. We absolutely loved it all, tasty, rich and digestable! I think I never enjoyed a pizza so much even when I used to eat everything. We even found they often use natural raising methods (without beer yeast) which my husband is allergic to. We also appreciated the vegan wine and the literature available on vegan food and diet, as well as all the vegan products on sale. Prices absolutely reasonable, not more expensive then any other place. The staff is extremely nice and available foe any question, there is definitely a positive and loving energy created by motivated and sincere people. It would be nice to have some tables outside in summer. Hope this place will have good success and keep going for many years to come!

Pros: great food, great staff, great prices

Cons: no seating

lots of choices, all vegan! - Edit

Finally a place where you don't have to be afraid to accidentally order something with cheese or milk.. There is such a wide variety of pizza, sandwiches, pancakes,........ Even several glutenfree options. Prices are really fair and you get a lot. The pizza slices are thick, but not dry at all. And it was delicious! Most of them are with vegan mozzarella. I also had a piadina today, and it was fantastic!! We went with our omnivore friends, and they liked everything, too.
The place is rather small and there are no tables, so it's purely take out. But the service is quick and very friendly. You can see how they prepare everything. If I lived in Lugano I'd eat there all the time!!

Pros: only vegan food!, many choices, delicious!

Cons: where to go when it rains? (only take out)

Delicious vegan fast food - Edit

My husband and I love the food at this place. The owners are friendly and welcoming. We would go often, but we do not live in Lugano. When we do go to Lugano, this place is usually closed. So far the Indian pizza is my favorite. The piodine are delicious. The best sandwich is the mushroom veggie burger. I devoured it!!! The perfect addition would be if they offered fries. I love fries with my fast food, but unfortunately, they do not offer any. The main problem with this place is that it is take out only. So if you want a place to relax and enjoy a meal, you better take it home. The only place we found anywhere nearby was McDonald's to sit. We sat at their tables and saw all the corpse munchers eating. If this place had a few tables out side or a bench or something, that would be better.
Updated from previous review on Monday February 24, 2014

Pros: Delicious fast food, friendly staff, vegan and organic

Cons: No place to sit, no fries, always closed on sundays

Simply wonderful - Edit

We have just been there today and we have been deeply impressed by the wide choice of vegan pizzas, focaccias, and sandwiches, with savoury cold cuts, wonderful vegan cheese, veggies and yummy sauces. You can choose among a selection of 30+ pizzas, and several other fast food choices. We had the Mountain Panino, with smoked vegan ham, cheese, salad, mushrooms and mayo, and the Panino Lugano, with vegan salami, cheese, lettuce and mayo. To drink we just had mineral water, but you can choose from several organic drinks like Swiss hemp beer, fruit juices, German cola and rice and coconut milk. You can also find vegan whipped cream and white chocolate to buy. They also deliver all over Lugano with their electric bike.

Pros: wide choice of vegan fast food, yummy, friendly staff

Cons: no seating , very small

Yummy! - Edit

Pizza, focaccia, piadina and hamburger take-away all vegan!
I tried different kind of pizza slice, different focaccia and a sweet piadina with chocolate and was all excellent (I was there many time :o)
And for a party I reserved two pizzas party (two big pizza with different topping and cut in little pieces)!

Pros: All vegan, Big choice, Inexpensive

Return to Lugano Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Natural Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.